Below you'll find recent contributions related to Wendys Wink's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|It’s time to seriously rethink ‘zero tolerance’ policing
The first two steps toward uplifting young black men are simple: Stop killing them and stop locking them in prison for nonviolent offenses. That is the first sentence of this powerful Washington ...
|Allow me to dream
That 2012 Bernie Sanders Speech That Could Help Him Win In 2016 - VIDEO http://wp.me/p23YZR-fLE #LiberalsUnite via @JesusChitChat I once wrote that ElizabethWarren should run for president. I think ...
|Race, Class and Neglect
is the title of this column by Paul Krugman in today's New York Times . It starts with the notion that we still have a problem with race, as exemplified by what happened with Freddie Gray and the ...
|A brief but powerful video from Jeremy Scahill
I thank MsSpentyouth for the Facebook post that made me aware of it. As far as i could tell it had not yet been shared here. Watch and then respond in the comments. Follow this link to the ...
|Another update on Felicity
Our now three-legged cat came home just before Noon yesterday. We have her in a downstairs room. After several times when she hid behind bookcases where we could not reach her, I emptied the ...
|BB King receiving home hospice care
BBC BB's website . I am in home hospice care at my residence in Las Vegas. "Thanks to all for your well wishes and prayers. The Thrill is ... going. And I'm tearing up. If you don't know who BB ...
|"Freddie Gray Never Had a Chance"
is the title of this short piece by Eugene Robinson in the Post Partisan section of the Washington Post . Robinson reminds us that the entire incident reeks of racial bias. Gray was on a street ...
| Must-read from Ta-Nehisi Coates on Baltimore
When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, ...
|Some context to recent events in Baltimore
If you want some context to the recent events in Baltimore, read the piece linked below. Let me note as one who has taught just outside Baltimore for the past two years (first in Glen Burnie and ...
|Watch Jon Stewart and Judith Miller
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a34707/daily-show-jon-stewart-judith-miller-iraq-wmd-interview/ "Hubris": New Documentary Reexamines the Iraq War "Hoax" http://www.motherjones.com/...
|an update on Felicity
Yesterday, in this posting , I explained about our youngest (at 12 years 7 months) rescued cat, her cancer, and her forthcoming leg amputation because of a tumor that encircled the leg. She had to ...
|Sometimes what matters can change in an instant
and all your previously decided priorities get tossed out. Earlier this month my wife discovered a growth on the right rear leg of one of our three remaining rescued cats, Felicity, the shyest. She ...
|George Carlin was a comic genius
https://youtu.be/acLW1vFO-2Q I miss a funny and smart comic named George Carlin. He was a comic genius who could make you laugh and think at the same time. This clip is 4 years ago but some ...
|laughing at dead soldiers
Family of Slain Soldier Calls Bush WMD Jokes "Disgraceful" http://www.democracynow.org/2004/3/26/family_of_slain_soldier_calls_bush via @democracynow I am trying to take slow deep breaths. I am one ...
|A sports-team executive who gets it right
is John Angelos, COO of the Baltimore Orioles, outside whose stadium a protest about the killing of Freddie Gray got out of hand. The words came about as part of a twitter exchange after a comment ...
|‘Lynch Mob’: Misuse of Language
is the title of this powerful New York Times column by Charles M. Blow . He is reacting in particular to the inflammatory statement by the head of the Baltimore Police Union to the demonstrations ...
|Heros of our longest war spit on
as 1972, I was sitting in a Journalism class at the University of Oregon. The college was very active protesting the Vietnam war. I remained silent most of the time there. Veterans from that war ...
| All of us need this
Lightning in a jar. This illustrates how truly fortunate we are. After you're done with the first picture, click on it and it will go to the next, and so on. https://docs.google.com/...
|I am so sorry
https://www.facebook.com/PrinceEaHipHop/videos/10153278998454769/? Today is Earthday. I shared pictures of our Earth earlier this week. Today I am angry about how our world will look when your ...
Recommended by Wendys Wink
- Students of history all across the political spectrum see the run up to WWI as an intensified tendency of the nations of Europe, and eventually the US, to engage in the geopolitical rivalry for ...42 comments 67 Recs
- The Koch brothers' takeover of the Republican Party is very nearly complete, and if they have their way,93 comments 126 Recs
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) ...89 comments 27 Recs
- There is no Godwin's Law for evoking the Civil War in a discussion of politics. To most Americans, the Civil War was a seminal event in this country, one accompanied by the prerequisite amount of ...77 comments 143 Recs
- "war 'ought' to be instrumental, in the sense that it ought to be waged in order to achieve some goal, never for its own sake; and also in the sense that strategy and tactics ought to be directed ...222 comments 108 Recs
- The immediate objective may be a nuclear deal, but I think this is much bigger for Obama. Normalizing relationships with Iran is about his legacy and his view of how the US should engage with the ...22 comments 19 Recs
- Please folks, can we retire the term "middle class"? There used to be something like a middle class, but it's beyond saving. It's gone. There's a tiny percentage of folks who live on the invested ...113 comments 78 Recs
- By Rachel Goldfarb, originally published on Next New Deal Click here to subscribe to Roosevelt First, our weekday morning email featuring the Daily Digest. Annual Bank Profit Falls for First Time in ...9 comments 18 Recs
- Boehner will probably stay awake during ...82 comments 59 Recs
- (NOTE: Diarist has received written, blanket authorization from Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers to republish their work in its entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos community.) If there was ...37 comments 77 Recs
Wendys Wink's Tags
- No current results.
Wendys Wink's Blogroll
- No current results.