Below you'll find recent contributions related to WheninRome's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|America's Dumbest Congressman weighs in on 'Jade Helm'
America's Dumbest Congressman, also known as Texas Rep. ...
|Rick Scott pleads with administration to give him federal money that's not Obamacare
|Pat Toomey is blocking his own judicial nominee
Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is one of the more endangered Republicans up for re-election in 2016, which might have something to do with the fact that he'...
|Meet young Mike Huckabee, who looks a lot like the current version
Now that once-politician and current TV and radio show ...
|McConnell pushes for Patriot Act extension with no NSA reforms
|Meet the Jade Helm conspiracy theory: The federal government's plot to invade Texas
The sign behind him was supposed to say IDIOT, but nobody could spell it. The supposed _Jade Helm 15_ conspiracy may be the single stupidest thing to come out of Texas in 20 years, and for a state ...
|The unbearable dumbness of American as*holery
Fight dumbassery everywhere you see it. We've been way too tolerant.
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/06/2015||270|
|Republicans shift argument on Obamacare: Lots of people have coverage, but it doesn't count
Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY), still rejecting Obamacare reality. Republicans can, more or less, learn. Or they can at least drop one ...
|Rand Paul really 'gets' the problems faced by minority groups
Of all the Republican presidential candidates, Rand Paul really _gets_ where black Americans are coming from. That's what Rand Paul says, anyway. He understands what black American men are facing ...
|Ben Carson gets a passing grade because the audience seemed to like him
And here's your trophy for showing up.
|Michael Gould-Wartofsky: The New Age of Counterinsurgency Policing
In the part of Baltimore hardest hit by the recent riots and arson, more than a third of families live in poverty, median income is $24,000, the unemployment rate is over 50% , some areas burnt out ...
|Replace the TPP with a $100 trillion world program to stop climate change
Cross-posted from Real Economics . The TPP has brought the issue of "free trade agreements" to the fore again, so I think it is time we looked honestly at what has happened to the three North ...
|We're losing rural hospitals across the nation
Rural communities are facing a heightened healthcare crisis as hospitals are closing at an alarming rate around the country, with the highest ...
|Coming false GOP meme: Obama lost Syria
The American news media is waking up to the fact that the tide of war has turned against President Bashar al-Assad of Syria. The instrument of this change has been the Nusra Front -- al Qaeda'...
|Didn't get indicted? That's good news for Chris Christie
You know the standards for a political party have fallen considerably when indictments against some of a governor's top staffers and appointees for crooked doings is ...
|The reason Ben Carson can't win? Ben Carson
It has been clear for some time now that would-be ...
|Small Obamacare pilot program reaps 'significant' Medicare savings
The healthcare wonks putting the Affordable Care Act together back in 2009-10 had a lot of ideas about a lot of small, varied projects that could reduce healthcare spending. They tried one of them�
|Scott Walker celebrates Star Wars Day by being creepy on the internet
I have seen many attempts at political self-promotion over the years, but this may be the first time a presidential candidate's ...
|Republican voters once again consumed by fear and 'values'
He might just make the cut with primary ...
|Bipartisan group of House members plot to strengthen NSA reforms
Congress has a little under a month to reauthorize expiring provisions of the ...
|John Boehner's 'heart breaks' for 9/11 families, but 9/11 first responders can go to hell
House Speaker John Boehner visited the National September ...
|Engelhardt: Counting Bodies, Then and Now
Who Counts? Body Counts, Drones, and “Collateral Damage” (aka “Bug Splat”) By Tom Engelhardt This article originally appeared at TomDispatch.com. To receive TomDispatch in your inbox three ...
|John Boehner lies about Obamacare, Chuck Todd lets him
House Speaker John Boehner was Chuck Todd's star interview on Sunday's Meet the ...
|TPP: The Fascism Issue
If the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement will, if implemented, and as I've argued elsewhere, result in the death of national and state sovereignty, constitutional separation of powers, and ...
|IAN: Blah, blah, yakkity yak, Monday May 4, 2015
Monday! I was all set to write a diary about animal mayors, but I fell asleep at the computer while doing research :( As you can see by Itzl's concerned look, this group gives Kossacks a safe ...
|The OPOL Report: Fake change in a new box edition
Look, I don't know what we're supposed to do about our bullshit political system but it seems to me that it must start with facing up to the facts. Believing that this time, someone is actually ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/03/2015||151|
|Which 3 Dems Want DC Employers to be Able to Fire Women for Their Reproductive Choices?
On Thursday, the House voted to overturn the District's Reproductive Health Non-Discrimination Amendment Act of 2014, which the DC City Council passed unanimously in December. What did DC's bill do?
|Liberty Equality Fraternity and Trees||05/03/2015||9|
|Open thread: Riots, roots and racists
What's coming up on Sunday Kos ... 'Sir, are you injured anywhere?' vs. 'f*ck your breath'. Only one kind of approach provokes riots, by Ian Reifowitz Reclaiming secularism is the key to ...
|House committee passes bill to curtail mass surveillance
The House Judiciary Committee struck a blow against Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...
|The Death of National and State Sovereignty, Separation of Powers, and Democracy
Most of the critical attention given to the Fast Track Trade Agreement legislation and to the associated Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Congressional – Executive Agreement on mainstream corporate ...
Recommended by WheninRome
- Let us open an account for you, or ten.37 comments 117 Recs
- 180 House Democrats Just Voted to Cut Medicare Benefits, Paving Road for Future "Entitlement Reform"The House passed its "doc fix" deal today 392 to 37 . Party leaders were glowing in self-congratulation: Pelosi praised the deal, saying it had been a “privilege” to work with Boehner “in a ...64 comments 45 Recs
- Here it is, for the world to see.633 comments 554 Recs
- As the GOP sabotage and sedition continues, the US appears to be going the way of the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth (P-LC) rather than the way of the Roman Empire. If you know your history, this ...128 comments 348 Recs
- This morning, my husband mentioned that he'd heard a discussion that included some conjecture on the possibility that Netanyahu's diatribe against a nuclear nonproliferation deal with Iran might ...683 comments 871 Recs
- [Diarist's Note: Naked Capitalism Publisher Yves Smith has provided written authorization to the diarist to reproduce her blog's posts, in their entirety, for the benefit of the Daily Kos community.]100 comments 175 Recs
- Retiring Democratic Sen. ...38 comments 13 Recs
- My son is a musician. He has a masters in cello pedagogy. He is an excellent cello instructor. I did not pick him up from a school. I did not pick him up from a gig. I picked him up ...180 comments 397 Recs
- The indefatigable Bernie Sanders is at it again, actually doing his best to represent those among us who need representation, even though they are without the ability to send bags of Free Speech (...26 comments 54 Recs
- (NOTE: Diarist has received written, blanket authorization from Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers to republish their work in its entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos community.) If there was ...37 comments 77 Recs
- No current results.