Below you'll find recent contributions related to accumbens's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|IL-Sen: Tammy Duckworth (D) Leads The Fight To Protect Military Families From Predatory Lending||poopdogcomedy||05/06/2015||1|
|Spotlight on green news & views: Allegheny wind turbines collide with NIMBY, GOP attacks science
See Gwennedd's post Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more ...
|WI-Sen: Watch Ron Johnson (R) Confess That He Would Love To Abolish The Dept. Of Education
More words of lunacy from one of the most vulnerable Senators up for re-election next year: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ron-johnson-abolish-department-...
|Midday open thread: 'festival' of corruption in NY, ADP report hints again at hiring slowdown
Today's comic by Matt Bors is X-Race Specs :
|Harry Reid joins senators promoting a petition that calls for opposition to 'fast-tracking' TPP
Still not onboard with fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership Under the rubric of "prioritize jobs" Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin (WI), Sherrod Brown (OH), Al Franken (MN), ...
| Republicans who cut science budgets are not stupid. They're malicious. Goal: official ignorance
Somebody needs to wipe the climate-change-denying smile off Lamar Smith's mug. The story about Republicans in committee axing big hunks of government science budgets sparked a deluge of social ...
|Yet another oil train goes off the rails and burns. No injuries reported, but 35 people evacuated
Off the rails in North Dakota. The Department of Transportation predicted last July that there ...
|Open thread for night owls: Now comes Trans-Pacific trickle-down
Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich writes Trans-Pacific Trickle-Down Economics : Now comes the Trans-Pacific Partnership. It’s being sold as a way to boost the U.S. economy, expand exports, ...
|PA-Sen: Toomey (R) Just Doesn't Have The Time To Explain Why He's Blocking His Own Judicial Nominee
This is ridiculous: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/pat-toomey-luis-restrepo_n_7214790.html?utm_hp_ref=...
|Battle over Iran nuclear review bill by right and ultra right seems ended. Vote expected Thursday
These two guys are moving toward a vote ...
|Midday open thread: Top hedge fund managers earn paltry $11bn, Edison's talking dolls still creepy
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Texas takeover :
|Klobuchar, Tester reintroduce bill to require states to allow voter registration on Election Day
Allowing citizens to register to vote on Election Day is a smart idea that boosts turnout and makes things easier for the most mobile Americans. It has been tested for problems for decades in the ...
|A Body Camera Won't Bring a Dead Boy to Life Nor Revoke a License to Kill.
Police pull up suddenly on some young black men. One of them runs. A cops gives chase. "Shots fired." One more dead. "I feared for my life." This is a script that is running on loopback in cities ...
|Open thread for night owls: Ask your doc if this birth control is right for you. Now ask your boss
In case you can't see the video here, try ...
|Study saying EPA rules will save 3,500 lives should be nailed to door of every naysayer in Congress
Curbing coal plant emissions would save lots of lives. Not that this matters to EPA haters. A new study published in the ...
|Midday open thread: Minimum wage boost hits bullseye, executions don't hit worst of the worst
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Responses to Baltimore :
|Iran nuclear review act: Is it lose-lose for Republicans?
Whoops. Even though the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act most likely will pass the Senate by a large majority, the superhawks, pushed by Sens. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and president-wannabe Marco Rubio (R-
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Why Baltimore's past matters; Is ISIS really on the run?
Molly Redden at Mother Jones writes Want an Abortion This Year? Get Ready to Wait : For women seeking an abortion, 2015 is shaping up to be the year of the long wait. Since the beginning of the year,
|Open thread for night owls. Do progressives need to make better emotional ties when organizing?
Excerpted by Alternet from Michael Bader'...
|This week at progressive state blogs: Lynch and the power of black women, SD polygamists seek water
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Super El Niño forms, oil & gas drilling damage, wind power soars
Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, one of the strongest storms ever in the region.
|Open thread for night owls: FAIR takes on economist pundit who disappeared economist critics of TPP
At Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, Jim Naureckaswrites NYT Lets Economic Pundit Disappear TPP’s Economist Critics : The New York Times (4/24/15) handed its readers an exploding cigar this ...
|DOT issues oil-train rules. Industry objects. Other critics say rules too weak and deadline too slow
Oil train derailment Feb. 15 near Mount Carbon, West Virginia. The Obama ...
|Midday open thread: Tesla home battery unveiled, 1 in 6 species at risk, where's Aaron Schock?
On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...
|Open thread for night owls: A condensed look at what Bernie Sanders thinks on some issues
What Bernie Sanders thinks , as compiled by Andrew Prokip at Vox. I've included paragraphs on five subjects, with only subheads for the rest: Move to a single-payer health care system The ...
|Wind energy association's first-quarter report offers reasons for optimism
The American Wind Energy Association has released its report for the first quarter of 2015, and it's quite encouraging. Indeed, for those of ...
|Midday open thread: Who asked leniency for Petraeus? Initial claims for jobless comp at 15-year low
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is Doonesbury's Charlie Hebdo problem :
|Chances of ending federal executions diminished with Eric Holder's departure
Eric Holder was conducting a review of the death penalty, but it ...
|Marco Rubio sought 'leniency' for Corinthian Colleges last year
For more than a decade, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. has been the target of lawsuits and state and federal investigations for its deceptive marketing, falsification of employment placement rates and ...
|Open thread for night owls: Martin Luther King Jr. quotes the traditional media won't cite
M.L. King arrested in 1958 in Montgomery, Alabama, for "loitering" outside a courtroom where there was a hearing for his friend Ralph Abernathy, founder of the Southern Christian Leadership ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Cities engage on climate change, anger translator, extreme weather
Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green News & Views (previously known as the ...
|Midday open thread: GDP growth 0.2%, Nevadans back 'net metering' that boosts rooftop solar
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Satire to die for :
|Senate kills amendment that would have made Iran agreement a treaty. Condoleezza Rice helps
Condoleeza Rice says the Iran deal is "classically an executive agreement and doesn't need to be a treaty... " The Senate voted 39-57 Tuesday night for an amendment that would have required the ...
|Open thread for night owls. Reich: Why so many Americans feel powerless
Robert Reich writes Why So Many Americans Feel So Powerless : As I travel around America, I’m struck by how utterly powerless most people feel. The companies we work for, the businesses we buy ...
|Creationism in a NE Classroom
28 March 2007 I posted a letter to the McCook Gazette and the editor printed it: Original Online Saturday, April 7, 2007 Dear Editor, The following was sent to McCook Community College: I am ...
|I'm Now Pro-TPP and Heart Surgery
I'm Thinking of having me some good ol' open heart surgery. A Sunday New York Times article by Gregory Mankiw, Economists Actually Agree on This: The Wisdom of Free Trade presents such a ...
|PA-Sen: Uncovering Pat Toomey's (R) Newsletter, 4/24/15 Edition
Received this e-mail from Joe Sestak's (D. PA) U.S. Senate campaign today: Sen. Toomey says one thing in ...
Recommended by accumbens
- With currently a staggering 829 votes ... Bernie Sanders is expected to win the nomination 61.52% to 38.48% . ** http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/04/30/bernie-sanders-will-challenge-...533 comments 163 Recs
- Salon's Bill Curry says it very well here: Bernie Sanders really matters: He doesn’t have to win to build a progressive movement Stop thinking about winners, losers and the dumb horse race. Let's ...384 comments 236 Recs
- Three authors of an editorial, " It is time to bust the myth of physical inactivity and obesity: you cannot outrun a bad diet ", in the British Journal of Sports Medicine have condemned the food ...28 comments 25 Recs
- I recently introduced an amendment at the Senate Budget Committee. It was pretty simple. It asked my Senate colleagues to begin the process of overturning the disastrous Supreme Court ruling on ...191 comments 578 Recs
- A great opinion piece yesterday from the Washington Post . First, its encouraging to see that the Post, in a very clear, unqualified way, says what many of us believe: A contested Democratic ...372 comments 274 Recs
- The Salon article title: "It’s time for a revolution: Bankrupt policies, historic losses call for new generation of leaders". ...is a bit much in terms of the word "revolution"; but the main ...412 comments 153 Recs
- In 2009 when the Affordable Care Act was being crafted together a calculation was made not to challenge the entrenched power of the big stakeholders in the American Health Care system no doubt to ...210 comments 134 Recs
- [http://www.dailykos.com/comments/1355926/55353814#c25 Commenting] in a [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/06/1355926/-Reps-Hollen-Slaughter-lambaste-Republicans-plans-for-dynamic-scoring-trickle-116 comments 117 Recs
- Daily Kos ate my diary so I'm going to keep this short and sweet. We need less "hur hur laugh at the Redumbicans" Front Page diaries and more diaries of substance on the Front Page. Front Page ...438 comments 357 Recs
- For a five-month period that ends this week, every single elected Republican in Congress was a white Christian. Let me repeat that: every elected GOP Member of the House and Senate was a white ...67 comments 214 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.