Posting History for blueisland
|Please get the repro drugs straight
It is important when discussing the Hobby Lobby case that we avoid conflating hormonal birth control methods with the medication abortion drugs. If we don't understand and emphasize that they are ...
|Why 20 week abortion ban is NOT "reasonable"
In talking to people about the recently passed anti-abortion bill, the part of the bill that seems most reasonable and common sense to people is the 20 week ban. David Gregory fell into this meme n ...
|Better know a Repro Drug (Flea Market Edition)
Just in the last hour I have read one comment here at DK, and one main stream media article with incorrect facts about abortion drugs. This confusion just makes it easier for the antis to try to ...
|20 week abortion bans
A diary by TDDVandy argues that we should stop talking about the 20 week ban in abortion bills like the one in Texas, and instead focus on clinic closures. I agree that clinic closures will affect a ...
|Live from Texas Statehouse
The state house committee hearing testimony on the abortion bill is being called into order. 1600 people have signed in to testify, and many many more are here. Follow me below the squiggle.
|Where should I go to understand the other side?
What websites do people visit when they want to gain some insight into the views of the other side? Is there a conservative version of Daily Kos that people have found useful for this purpose?
|Tx Abortion Filibuster thread 2
A third strike has been called against Wendy Davis. Dems are trying to stall to prevent a vote to end the filibuster This is a continuation of my earlier diary here: http://www.dailykos.com/story/...
|Live from Texas Abortion Filbuster
There is major drama in the Texas State legislature today. We are one hour into a 13 hour filibuster meant to block legislation that would reduce the number of abortion clinics in Texas from 42 to ...
|Why pretty girls should join math teams
I was gratified that my diary " Treating Boys and Girls Differently " made it to the rescued list. Thank you rescue rangers! And thanks to everyone who posted interesting comments. One of the ...
|Treating boys and girls differently
I recommend Shiobe's diary about the Jet Propulsion Lab presenter treating the little girl and little boy in the audience very differently, and the discussion that follows it about girls and women ...
|Do 25% of us need tin-foil hats?
A recent poll has come out of Fairleigh Dickenson stating that a majority of Americans believe in one or more of four supposed conspiracies. I suspect a lot of Kossacks believe the same things I do ...
|Reframe employers and birth control
Mississippi was able to defeat a personhood amendment by generalizing the argument - pointing out the effects on contraception, IVF, stem cell research, property rights, etc. They made personhood ...
|OMG! I agree with a wingnut abortion position
I am not a likely candidate to agree with anything the Taliban wing of the Republican party has to say about any aspect of reproduction. I support Planned Parenthood and have worked in abortion care,
|Beware straight ticket!
A current post references Democratic family members voting straight ticket. As people head out for early voting, it's a good opportunity to remind people that they may not want to do that.
|I'm in Vegas!
We got to Vegas early, so I'm already here! I want everyone else to hurry up and arrive.
|US soldier "waterboards" 4 year old daughter
Has anyone seen and posted about this? God, if there was ever a need for evidence that military families are cracking under the strain, this is it.
|Why do men in charge ever legalize abortion?
I'll give you a hint - it is never to give women "rights", "autonomy", or "control over their own bodies". More below.....
|Campaigning in a Texas grocery line
I was standing in the checkout line of my local supermarket yesterday wearing my Obama button and had an encouraging encounter.
|Tom Delay may get off on a technicality
God, this is appalling. Because Tom Delay was indicted under a law referring to cash , and his money laundering all involved checks , an appelate court has ruled that the charges ...
|Clinton "First Black President" Myth
I have been bothered throughout the primary season by frequent references to Bill Clinton as "the first black president", accompanied by assumptions that this is an affectionate nickname earned ...
|Proposal for SNL 3am McCain ad
It's 3am, your children are sleeping. Somewhere in the White House a phone is ringing.... We see a dark room with a phone ringing next to the bed. Suddenly, the figure in the bed sits bolt upright,
|Why don't we eat monkeys? Abortion, McRib sandwiches, and Michael Vick
Lawrence O'Donnell has an essay in the Huffington Post today essentially asking why there is so ...
|The Republican case for impeachment
We all know the argurments pro and con for whether Democrats should initiate impeachment efforts against George W. Bush. I have somewhat lost interest in that discussion, because it is clear to me ...
|New DCCC Ad Debuted at YK
Those of you who did not see the new ad by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, entitled "It's Time for George Bush to Listen" should go take a look at it here: http://www.dccc.org/
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by blueisland
- After Mexico City liberalized its abortion law, a fierce backlash followed. Is its striking resemblance to the U.S. “pro-life” movement a coincidence? Written by Kathryn Joyce for RH Reality ...1 comments 11 Recs
- The pro-choice movement's shift in attention, messaging, and resources away from a focus on family means that the anti-choice movement has been able to make the idea of family, specifically unborn ...9 comments 12 Recs
- When Margaret Sanger was a young nurse working in New York tenement houses early in the 20th century she was called to assist a 28-year old woman who had attempted to terminate her fourth pregnancy.9 comments 26 Recs
- The police come in swarms today, in predator waves, jackals culling antelope, scanning the room not for the easy efficient takedowns, but for the ones they most begrudge. They lope into the large ...239 comments 514 Recs
- The real purpose of Wisconsin's admitting privileges law—like similar pending legislation in Alabama, Mississippi, and North Dakota—is not to protect maternal health, but to prevent women from ...10 comments 19 Recs
- My swag bag from the Netroots conference contained a little booklet called 1 in 3 that included women’s stories of abortion. The intention of the campaign that is behind production of the booklet ...27 comments 109 Recs
- 71 comments 62 Recs
- As some of you Kossacks know I am a physician who has provided legal safe abortions in Texas for 31 years and published a number of pro-choice diaries on Daily Kos. And you have probably heard about ...54 comments 119 Recs
- Could it be that those on the correct side of history (note I did not say the "right" side of history) are learning how to fight? Could it be that they are learning not to leave fallacies dangling ...14 comments 62 Recs
- Terrible tragedy in Texas today . A woman died falling from a roller coaster. My heart goes out to the family. Unfortunately, this ...112 comments 210 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.