Below you'll find recent contributions related to demimondian's followed authors, tags, and groups.
I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I call myself that in order to distinguish myself from the dominant strain of North American Christianity. At the risk of sounding arrogant and judgmental, I am ...
|D'var Torah: Our Duty to Aid and Respect those in Need
This week's parsha is Aharay Mot and Kedoshim, Leviticus chapters 16 to 20. During leap years, it is split into two parshas, but this year is not a leap year so the two parshas are read together. ...
|Navy Vet Terp||04/30/2015||18|
|Baltimore Orioles team executive explained the Freddie Gray protests as few have
The Baltimore Orioles baseball team has been ...
|Pope Francis calls for 'radical equality' for women's pay
Thumbs up on income equality for women! In a new speech this week, Pope Francis is continuing his radical ...
|Rereading "Black Theology and Black Power" After Twenty Years
"How many of Cone's books have you read?" Ever since Jeremiah Wright posed that question to Sean Hannity eight years ago, I've been meaning to write a diary on James Cone, the premier figure of ...
|Jimmy Carter: 'Losing My Religion For Equality'
For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...
|Religious support for marriage equality swells in advance of SCOTUS arguments
Unsurprisingly, religious leaders who have staked their ...
|Atheists on CBS's Sunday Morning
I would like to point you all to a really great piece on today's CBS This Sunday Morning about Atheism. Atheists: In godlessness we trust It was reported by Mo Rocca, who I must admit I have a ...
Recommended by demimondian
- It's the biggest primary night of the year with eight states going to the polls. Our guide to tonight's races can be found here. The poll closing times are below, with some notes: • Alabama : 8:153 comments 12 Recs
- It didn't get a lot of attention, but U.S. Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) declared war on public education for students with special needs last month when he introduced the CHOICE Act ( S. 1909, "Creating ...16 comments 63 Recs
- Recently, as a result of Katie Couric's irresponsible report on concern about HPV vaccinations, there have been a number of diaries in which commenters have raised concerns about the safety of ...90 comments 98 Recs
- 58 comments 31 Recs
- with everything else in the state reportedly in, Herring's lead over Obenshain had dropped from 117 to 106. Fairfax counted its provisionals 160-103, for a net pickup of 57. Added to 106, the ...109 comments 195 Recs
- Since the Fukushima Dai-ichi disaster on March 11, 2011 and with more frequency recently, there are many reports in the media of the potential impact of radioactivity from Japan causing ...311 comments 62 Recs
- I've noticed a significant number of breathless reports of the threat that radionuclides leaking from the damaged Fukushima reactors present to organisms (including humans) resident on the west ...69 comments 17 Recs
- Workers remove unused fuel rod from Fukushima Daiichi Unit 4 spent fuel pool July, ...170 comments 252 Recs
- Now that the Republican temper tantrum that cost our economy billions of dollars and negatively impacted hundreds of thousands of American lives is finally over, the GOP is getting back to the ...64 comments 29 Recs
- In the aftermath of the shutdown publicity stunt, I'd like to take a moment for a friendly public service announcement. This morning, I've seen several examples online where we're inadvertently ...48 comments 54 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.