For all who eat and are concerned about the environment, food security and food safety, and lots of recipes.
The Gussians are coming . . .
|History for Kossacks
Once the name of a regularly-appearing series on DK3, History for Kossacks is now a DK4 group blog dedicated to the discussion and diarying of all things historical. Topics range from the impact of a'a' lava on ancient Hawaii to Zoroastrianism in Persia; time frame is from Australopithecus to Zulu hours today - so come on in to this dusty cave full of moldering tomes, have a seat in an overstuffed chair, and let's talk history!
Progressive Humor, Snarks, and Satire in the spirit of Onion, National Lampoom, Mad Magazine, Monty Python, Black Adder, Lenny Bruce, George Carlin, Kathy Giffords and many others who press the bounderies of our usual culture for the advancement of progressive causes.
|Readers and Book Lovers
Where readers, writers, bibliophiles, and lovers of all things literary find their favorite series and one-of-a-kind diaries, including "Bookflurries," "Write On!," and "What are you reading?" Plus newer series like "Books So Bad They're Good," "Books in My Life," (formerly "Books That Changed My Life"), "Monday Murder Mystery," "Contemporary Fiction Views," "LGBT Literature," and "Books Go Boom!" We hope you'll visit Readers & Book Lovers for the same reasons you get together with a friend -- ...
The definition of SLUT seems now to be ANY WOMAN USING BIRTH CONTROL or ANY ONE CONCERNED AND FIGHTING FOR WOMEN'S REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH (according to the GOP) FINE! We are sluts and PROUD OF IT As with "Slut Walks" we will own the word and take the power of the word away.
|The Wide World of Sports
Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sport. The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat. The human drama of athletic competition. This is Daily Kos's Wide World of Sports! Let's talk sports. Any sports... baseball, hockey, football, wife-carrying, lumber sports, auto racing, curling, hurling, competitive yodeling, you name it. A progressive angle is welcome, but not required.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by gravlax
- I'm bracing myself for the wave of publicity due to soak us all this Valentine's Day- Fifty Shades of Grey. A couple of years ago the book was all the talk around my office. Why, I wonder, do smart, ...63 comments 61 Recs
- Few experiences are as universal to Americans as the shared degradation and misery of flying on our nation's air carriers. These corporate behemoths have somehow managed to wrap up ...470 comments 469 Recs
- Blogger Andrea Marr tells how and why she was excited by this late move by California’s legislature. National Memo: Californians Ready for a Greener Economy Despite the success of California’s ...1 comments 11 Recs
- Image credit: Shattered.Art Flickr, creative ...21 comments 37 Recs
- Welcome, New Users, to Daily Kos, from your host side pocket. This Diary is intended to help you orient yourself to the site and ask questions about how to use it. Below the orange gnocchi-...141 comments 129 Recs
- Many of you may not watch The View. But lots of women do, and for the first time ever, The View will have a Latina, ...75 comments 137 Recs
- As fast food workers strike and, now, commit civil ...18 comments 32 Recs
- Congressional Representative Gwen Moore (D Wi-04) being arrested along with 26 others at a rally at McDonalds. Today was the day that fast food workers rallied across the country to demand a raise ...30 comments 43 Recs
- Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Tips and tricks for new college students :20 comments 16 Recs
- It's bad enough that recent Supreme Court decisions have ...46 comments 88 Recs
- La Vida Locavore
- Jack & Jill Politics
- Mother Jones
- Food Politics
- Eating Liberally
- Civil Eats
- The Atlantic Food Blog
- Free Rice
- Slow Food USA
- Nourishing the Planet
- Food Democracy Now
- Chez Panisse Foundation
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Farm Policy News
- School Food Policy
- The Green Fork