Posting History for hamm
|Psycho Rabbit Torture by the fashion industry
Years ago, wildlife advocates made a huge effort to stop the massive slaughter of minks and other small animals destined for haute couture., The strategy included throwing cola, or whatever liquid ...
|Fox News Comes Through, by God
I didn't hear it on MSNBC. They are usually too busy politicking to mess with mere news. And for SURE, not a word on CNN, with it's "news" reduced to one story a week, punctuated with an occasional ...
|Harry Reid is a Sleaze
I was conned into making a donation to Harry Reid's personal campaign fund. He won't refund it. I live in New York, and limited means prevents me from helping campaigns in other states. When our ...
|KUDOS TO CAROLINE KENNEDY
According to ABC news, Caroline Kennedy, ambassador to Japan, is courageously speaking out against the dolphin massacre that is taking place. This seems to be an annual event - luring bottle-nose ...
|Coca Cola really IS out to Kill Me
I was ambivalent when Mayor Bloomberg tried to end the Big Gulp. But now that his attempt has failed, Coca Cola is introducing new mega cans of their addictive syrupy s*t. I've been a 2-Coke a day ...
|TIME TO BEEF UP SOCIAL SECURITY
We spend our lives working hard, and making payments toward social security. The right wing distorts this to imply that recipients are moochers, out to impoverish the billionaires who are trying to ...
|Web Extortion Hits Bigtime (thanks Google)
For the past 2 years, people are unpleasantly surprised to find private info, such as age, children, even what they paid for their house, popping up when their name is googled. And are relieved to ...
|GUN INDUSTRY PROFITS on DEAD CHILDREN
As expected, our gun industry is using the Sandyhook tragedy to churn up the megabucks. Today, its whores-for-hire are all over cable news shows, selling guns and related products. Megan Kelly ...
|SHELL IS OUT!!!
Glory Hallelujah. Two pieces of good news in one glorious day. I'm about to pop. I don't know about you guys, but the Sandy catastrophes, back to back, put me in the worst holiday funk. (Here in ...
|Long, Strong and HOT
Today, I checked out the magazine racks at Barnes and Noble. I was curious to see what is available to the gun enthusiast. Actually, I expected to find that the store removed these magazines out ...
|Reframe "Pro Life"
No, you are not "pro life." Right now, you can have all the babies you want, when you want. Nobody tries to prevent you from living your life according to your faith. But your faith is not my faith.
|Help! Dumb Repug Joke Needed!
OK so we're at this stuffy family event, and the family republican is telling us that he stopped attending their meetings, because he is starting to (catch on) feel like he doesn't belong. This is ...
|The LEAD in your garden hose
I've been feeling really mellow about Obama since the supreme court ruling. The bill is an O-compromise, but there is good, and it is a start. Today, my elation changed to depression. It started ...
|Will Bio Fraud Kill off the Dogwood Tree?
It's 1350. The Bubonic Plague is raging. People are dropping left and right. The clever scientists at Rutgers University have the solution. Don't bother finding a cure. Breed up a heartier human.
|The Dogwood Tree that Isn't
Last month, my good friend, Richard, passed away. He was a champion of wildlife, and an activist to save wildlife habitat. Yesterday, we planted a Dogwood tree in his honor (we thought) We chose ...
|Pay your Taxes, Apple
.Yesterday, Fox News commented that Apple is hoarding over 66 billion offshore. The reason is that Apple isn't interested in paying taxes. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/apple-us-tax-...
|EZ Fix for Insane CEO Salaries
For the last few years, we have watched helplessly as a few leeches suck up America's resources for themselves. Moving this country perilously toward Czarist Russia. "Why the hell isn't somebody ...
|ID theft enabling is Legal
A complete stranger walked up to me today, and asked about my sons. He knew their names and ages. He went on to tell me my age. And that of my spouse. I was raking leaves in the front yard, at ...
|Warren Bludgeoned by Obama and Geithner
After successfully establishing the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, politics came into play. According to the NYT, Warren locked horns with little Timmy, who got his feelings hurt and his ...
|Amazon Strong-Arms Customers for Personal Banking Info
I am in shock. Amazon is strong-arming my Aunt. They want her personal checking account number. Aunt B. is a loyal Amazon customer. She spends over $1,000 a year there. Yet they are waging a ...
|This President is Dangerous
The reviled Bill Clinton did so very much for the environment during his presidency. He gave Al Gore powers that, at the time, were unprecedented. Obama, on the other hand, is giving us one ...
|A Proposal to Fox's Megyn Kelly
Yesterday, I caught the end of a Megyn Kelly show. Megyn is the pseudo newscaster with the scary hooker make-up. Her thick cosmetic mask is so weirdly out of place, that combined with her ...
|How's your Credit Rating? (Are you Sure?)
We went to get a mortgage only to find that our pristine credit rating has dropped 40 points After paying bills on time for 40 years, this is quite a hell of a note. Nobody seems to know how or why ...
|YOUR PRIVATE INFO PUBLISHED on WEB
Holy F*k. A friend googled my name, and up came a website called MyLife that posted my name, age, city and every city that I've lived in, plus names of my immediate family members. I went to ...
|TAX THE RICH demonstrations let's do it
This is simple. I just modified it so that it doesn't sound like "socialism." I would like to propose a STOP WELFARE FOR THE RICH demonstrations nationwide. Every town, every college campus large ...
|Nader was stellar today
on Lawrence O'donnell's fantastical MSNBC Show "The Last Word." (The Ed Show was also not to be missed. Both of these guys are up there with Olbermann).
|I'd like to honor Elizabeth Edwards
by making a small donation to one of her pet projects. I hope that someone who knows her well will let me know what those might be. She has done a tremendous service to our democracy, Her ...
|Tom Tomorrow - Best Political Cartoon in the History of the World
http://www.salon.com/ent/comics/this_modern_world/2010/02/01/this_modern_world/index.html I realize link diaries are frowned on, but this is the gem of tems, and it would be a tragedy if it were ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by hamm
- Hobby Lobby's owner, and a not unsubstantial portion of the American population, believe that life begins at the very point of conception--the very moment sperm penetrates egg. And that conception ...114 comments 264 Recs
- 115 comments 169 Recs
- Edge of ...215 comments 436 Recs
- About forty lazy takers were in arrears on their lunch money. The best way to teach those filthy beggars a lesson? Humiliate them publicly by taking away their lunches and throwing them in the trash.683 comments 598 Recs
- Feb. 27 Update: Via @WolfeNotes....The EPA is now investigating why the GWB air monitor was offline during the ChristieGate bridge lane closing: "EPA Region 2 which is supposed to oversee the Clean ...85 comments 314 Recs
- Sean Hannity has had enough of your coarse, cruel discourse. Well, this is just great. Apparently Andrew Cuomo said a _thing_, and now all of conservative ...175 comments 145 Recs
- I just saw this news on MSN and did a quick search to find out some background on the story. Unions angered by Postal Service's Staples outlets It seems the 4 Governors of the Post Office ...25 comments 37 Recs
- Just some facts to dispel NRA propaganda. Yes, it really is getting worse. According to a study obtained by Yahoo News, rampages like the Washington Navy Yard and Los Angeles airport shootings ...376 comments 139 Recs
- UPDATE: Title changed (I honestly didn't know that you can't call out another diarist!). The top diary right now is about how the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (RMEF) is magnanimously giving land ...331 comments 143 Recs
- 1) They are "Junk Insurance Policies" -- think "Junk Bonds." They don't minimize "financial risk" -- they just bury it . That Florida woman's canceled Blue Cross policy ? It's junk insurance . ...321 comments 207 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.