Below you'll find recent contributions related to hillbrook green's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Rick Scott pleads with administration to give him federal money that's not Obamacare
|Pat Toomey is blocking his own judicial nominee
Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is one of the more endangered Republicans up for re-election in 2016, which might have something to do with the fact that he'...
|McConnell pushes for Patriot Act extension with no NSA reforms
|Boehner and pals: 'Obamacare will destroy the economy,' except it didn't
The law Republicans said would ...
|Six debates is fair, but the DNC isn't off the hook||kos||05/06/2015||104|
|Republicans shift argument on Obamacare: Lots of people have coverage, but it doesn't count
Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY), still rejecting Obamacare reality. Republicans can, more or less, learn. Or they can at least drop one ...
|The Daily Bucket - Lake Chabot Herons, Chickadee fledges
The Daily Bucket is a regular feature of the Backyard Science group. It is a place to note any observations you have made of the world around you. Insects, weather, meteorites, climate, birds ...
|A Body Camera Won't Bring a Dead Boy to Life Nor Revoke a License to Kill.
Police pull up suddenly on some young black men. One of them runs. A cops gives chase. "Shots fired." One more dead. "I feared for my life." This is a script that is running on loopback in cities ...
|We're losing rural hospitals across the nation
Rural communities are facing a heightened healthcare crisis as hospitals are closing at an alarming rate around the country, with the highest ...
|Small Obamacare pilot program reaps 'significant' Medicare savings
The healthcare wonks putting the Affordable Care Act together back in 2009-10 had a lot of ideas about a lot of small, varied projects that could reduce healthcare spending. They tried one of them�
|Boehner: 'Ask any employer' about Obamacare, so hey, ask me!
Obamacare is such a failure, it can't even kill the jobs Republicans said it would!
|Republican voters once again consumed by fear and 'values'
He might just make the cut with primary ...
|Bipartisan group of House members plot to strengthen NSA reforms
Congress has a little under a month to reauthorize expiring provisions of the ...
|John Boehner's 'heart breaks' for 9/11 families, but 9/11 first responders can go to hell
House Speaker John Boehner visited the National September ...
|John Boehner lies about Obamacare, Chuck Todd lets him
House Speaker John Boehner was Chuck Todd's star interview on Sunday's Meet the ...
|What county sheriff might spend $10 million to get re-elected? You guessed it: Arpaio
The $10 million man Maricopa ...
|Dawn Chorus - Gull ID for fun and profit.
Okay, actually, no profit to be made from gull ID as far as I know. But if it's possible to tilt the meter from pure aggravation toward fun, that would be something. I've been trying to work on ...
|What's the deal with Arizona education officials and websites? Please proceed
If it weren’t for his racist and asinine blog posts, former Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction John Huppenthal would likely be sitting in the same office today. Although the former ...
|R.I.P. A Garden Grew in Oakland Today.
Oscar Grant Plaza filled Saturday afternoon with a couple hundred people come to the first #BlackSpring event in Oakland. The organizers came up with a great idea, an its already spread across the ...
|We Are People for Bernie
Right after Bernie Sanders announced his intention to run, grassroots supporters from the occupy, labor, environmental and socialist movements published an open letter endorsing his candidacy . ...
|How To Read A Seismic Hazard Map
Now that the USGS has preliminary come up with a way to quantify the short term hazard of potentially induced earthquakes it’s important to know what these maps are and mean.
|From Oakland to Baltimore. Labor & Community Against Police Terror on May Day.
A simple tweetpic essay. from the 510 to the 410 pic.twitter.com/3EhcbjcnWw — m4rg1n4L (@marg1nal) May 1, 2015 Putting the final touches on chalk art at Oscar Grant Plaza before the march ...
|House committee passes bill to curtail mass surveillance
The House Judiciary Committee struck a blow against Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...
|Christie ally pleads guilty in bridge scandal, others indicted
Gov. Chris Christie's high-school buddy and former Port ...
|Republicans plotting how to take 8 million Obamacare customers hostage
Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY) Republicans might ...
|Justice Department announces $20 million body camera pilot program
Attorney General Loretta Lynch capped her first, ...
|House Republicans nearly prove they love Wall Street more than the troops
Rep. Tammy Duckworth, veteran, saves the day. House Republicans were all set ...
|Republicans Tom Cotton and Marco Rubio obstruct Republican Senate on Iran vote
This is precisely what Republican leadership deserved to get when recruiting and backing unhinged zealots like the newly elected Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR). Now ...
|Republicans scramble to get out of the Obamacare mess they created for themselves
Republican lawmakers know very well that they're in an ...
|House Republicans' pull spending bill because they were afraid it would pass
Rep. Chris Van Hollen The House has started working on spending bills, and of course has started with the most important thing ever: defense. But they encountered a big hiccup right out of the box, ...
|Republican governors see Medicaid expansion as another opportunity to stigmatize working poor
Take a close look at that chart, ...
|Rand Paul wants to repeal net neutrality
Rand Paul, doing his "bro" thing. It's not really clear who besides the "hate Obama for everything" crowd Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is trying to court with his latest grandstand, which ...
|Look at all those new Obamacare insurance policies!
Nice graph, huh? That's what ...
|Chief Justice John Roberts votes to limit campaign funding for judges
Now this is intriguing. In a decision released Wednesday, Chief Justice ...
|Hey, Florida! Medicaid expansion reaps huge rewards for states
Gov. Rick Scott still playing to his base. While Florida Gov. Rick Scott continues his insane legal ...
|Rick Scott files frivolous, destructive lawsuit over Obamacare
Gov. Rick Scott (R-FL) ...
|Baltimore. Tweetpics from the Streets.
It's hard to know exactly what's going on. From the storyline the tweets tell, after Freddy Gray's funeral this morning things heated up considerably. Various police transports have been set on ...
|A Photo from Baltimore.
Photo : If ever a photo should exist to explain how we feel every day, from the moment we arise til we fall asleep. pic.twitter.com/m9hdWJ6TrU — The Real Segun Idowu (@RevrendDoctor) April 26, ...
|Dawn Chorus - Bolinas Springtime (this time)
Spring is sprung, the grass is riz - I wonder where the birdies iz? Bolinaz!
Recommended by hillbrook green
- Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...188 comments 170 Recs
- The Baltimore Orioles baseball team has been ...95 comments 124 Recs
- Freddie Gray being loaded into the Baltimore Police Van. Again, because the Baltimore Police refuse to release any real statements from the officers involved in the April 12th arrest and April 19th ...77 comments 185 Recs
- Paul Krugman's May 1 column in the New York Times states the devastatingly obvious: Ideology and Integrity . ...Nonetheless, many in the news media will try to make the campaign about ...117 comments 244 Recs
- Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, which reached ...276 comments 427 Recs
- Here's some more scary news from the Duke City, and it's for real. Not from any of its famous TV series. The county district attorney overseeing Albuquerque Police has gone on the record in the ...97 comments 427 Recs
- For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...582 comments 769 Recs
- A couple of ladies were chatting near my cash register the other day after their lunch, as one admired the other's wallet. "Oh, it was only five hundred dollars," she said to her friend. "I wish I'd ...513 comments 534 Recs
- Tuesday in Phoenix, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's civil contempt hearing began, and the first day was a doozie. US District Judge Murray Snow ordered Sheriff Arpaio to appear at the hearing ...315 comments 637 Recs
- Good riddance. From WaPo: The head of the Drug Enforcement Administration is expected to resign soon, according to U.S. officials, following revelations about “sex parties” involving ...118 comments 198 Recs
hillbrook green's Tags
- No current results.
hillbrook green's Blogroll
- No current results.