Posting History for jellyyork
|Why Austerity Wins: the short version
Why does the neoliberal austerity meme always win in today's world?
|For The Love Of Money
If an intelligent being from another galaxy visited the developed countries of the Earth to learn about modern earthly ways, that intelligent being would surely, in short order, begin to ask the ...
|Note to Obama
from Martin Luther King. "A man cannot ride your back unless it's bent.
An organization who's avoidance of bias is so biased that it can only be half right. Thank You Candy for showing us what half right really means!
|Poverty in America
American poverty is a fabricated shortage of money for those at the bottom of society purposely perpetrated by politicians and their soothsaying economists to keep wealth obscenely concentrated in a ...
|It's The Economy Stupid: How the 1% got all the money
Henry Ford once said, “There is one rule for the industrialist and that is: Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wages possible.” In today’...
|Deficit Reduction or Revenue Generation?
Why are we worried about raising the debt ceiling this time around? We’ve raised it a multitude of times before without such a fuss?
|Let's blame the civil servants
Well, MSNBC has continued its plunge into hyping government pensions as the cause of state government financial problems with its major story article, Super-sized pensions, and a doomsday ...
|How the Democrats filibuster themselves!
So you think the Senate filibuster is bad for democracy and that all Democrats are working against promoting minority rule as their form of government. Well, think again!
|Democracy at Risk--What's Really Driving the Wingnuts?
Angry Tea Parties... Healthcare Death Panels... Birthers... Blatant racist slurs directed at the President... Multitudes voting and demonstrating against their own better self interests... A major ...
|What Health Care Issue?
If you think the Health Care crisis is the driving issue behind the current right-wing political violence taking place at town halls all over America you need to think again. The only ones on the ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by jellyyork
- In a major development that has excited progressive economists, one of their own has been named Chief Economist on the Senate Budget Committee. Dr. Stephanie Kelton, a major proponent of Modern ...13 comments 17 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders just released his “Economic Agenda for America.” While that agenda is certainly more progressive than the talk we hear from Democrats, and certainly is progressive in its ...18 comments 10 Recs
- To all the people who recommended the insipid, Joe the Plumber-esque, Canadian open letter propaganda diary, you should be ashamed. I have never read anything more offensive posted to this site. ...722 comments 283 Recs
- This is the second bite-sized installment in my series on why monetary policy matters to progressives, why it’s worth your time to learn and why it isn’t as hard or as boring as you think.* ...23 comments 17 Recs
- Having just returned from NN14 I have confirmed something I always knew down deep in my heart. If you want to watch the life go out of the eyes of all but a handful of very wonky progressives you ...193 comments 242 Recs
- Cross posted from Real Economics . According to an analysis by Pulitzer-Prize winning reporter David Cay Johnston , the Bush tax cuts, rather than resulting in great general ...220 comments 415 Recs
- This is an absolutely hilarious Onion-style satirical piece written by a great progressive in the MMT community, Justin Santopietro aka TheJustGatekeeper. You should definitely follow Justin on ...8 comments 17 Recs
- In what is just the most recent example of The Big Lie at work (that the Govt's finances are just like your personal finances and that deficit spending is inherently inflationary), Senator Warren ...84 comments 7 Recs
- The United States is monetarily sovereign and is the monopoly issuer of it's currency. No one else is authorized to print and spend the U.S. dollar. What this means is that the government can always ...29 comments 26 Recs
- This post assumes the reader has some knowledge of Modern Monetary Theory (MMT). For a primer on MMT please refer here . Taking Ireland as an example, how would Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) fix the ...21 comments 7 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.