Posting History for kurious
|Detroit Files For Bankruptcy…
Facing Debts of $18 Billion This afternoon, Kevyn D. Orr, the Emergency Manager appointed by Gov. Snyder, announced… “Detroit…has filed for bankruptcy…the largest American city ever to ...
|Romney’s Stonewalling—Why Is He Getting Away With It?
When Nixon was in the midst of the Watergate investigation, Nixon refused to release tapes of Presidential conversations that Democrats believed would prove his guilt, and that republicans believed ...
|Washington Post: "Mitt Romney's 'Garbage'"
An editorial in today's Washington Post discusses the "garbage" that is Mitt Romney's budget plan. First of all, they point out how simplistic--and unrealistic--Mitt's budget really is: (More ...
|Supporting the Troops and Supporting their Families
Recently military wife, Angelajean, wrote a diary about Military Spouse Appreciation Day and the phrase they and their loved ones in the ...
|RNC's "2011 Obama Agenda Survey" and Communicating the Message
I recently (for some odd reason) received from the RNC a survey with my name, address, Cong. District and ID number (ID number?). At the bottom of the of the box with that information, was a line ...
|William Daley new WH Chief of Staff? Update
CNN, Bloomberg News and ABC are reporting that: President ...
|Voting Problems? Call 1-866-OUR-VOTE
This diary will be short and to the point, as I have to go and vote. In another recent diary, the diarist wrote about having challenges at the polling place. I posted the following information in ...
|Sanders Puts Hold on Bernanke Nomination (Updated)
In a post on his Senate Website, Senator Bernie Sanders announced a Hold on Bernanke’s nomination:
|AIG Being Investigated by FBI & UK Authorities
Josh Marshall at Talking Points Memo has been looking into the activities of the ...
|Too Late to Avoid a Depression?
Jon Markman, writing at MSN Money explores that question. He discusses the over-...
|Madoff Whistleblower & Patriot Markopolos Testifies at House Financial Services Committee
Harry Markopolos, whistleblower in the Bernie ...
|Help "Out" GOP Senator(s) Blocking Barofsky's Nomination
Paulson is getting help in his efforts to block oversight of his bailout activities, from an anonymous Republican Senator.
|Clemons: McCain & Obama Coordinated on Personnel
Steve Clemons Reports McCain & Obama Camps Coordinated on Building Staff Rosters for Next Government:
|"Republican Party Striking Posture of Defiance" and media keeps repeating GOP Talking Points
Since the election just took place a few days ago, the Republicans are just coming to terms with their loss. It can’t be easy for them to accept losing power after pretty much having control ...
|Prayers for Senator Kennedy (Update)
Senator Kennedy is currently undergoing surgery at Duke University Medical Center: "Sen. Edward M. Kennedy ...
|Powell: US Can’t Sustain Troop Levels
Most Americans realize that the military is strained by long and repeated deployments, Bush, Cheney, McCain and the neocons in the Administration ...
|Bhutto’s Son to Be New Party Leader?
Time Magazine is reporting that Bhutto’s Son may be her political successor. “A senior ...
|Help Me Hold Congress's Feet to the Fire
I’ve been on the phone again this morning, calling Senators about getting our troops out of Iraq ASAP. While I’ve attempted to be polite, I’ve also been righteously angry. While ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by kurious
- This is the first time in more than 11 years that I've posted three diaries in one day, and I don't think I've ever posted two in a day. I'm worked up about the Freddie Gray case. That's partly ...39 comments 24 Recs
- Freddie Gray being loaded into the Baltimore Police Van. Again, because the Baltimore Police refuse to release any real statements from the officers involved in the April 12th arrest and April 19th ...76 comments 183 Recs
- Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, which reached ...276 comments 425 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Sorry for just the link but it's worth it! http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/report-david-wildstein-plead-guilty-...27 comments 20 Recs
- The insanity of negative interest rates is one of the most under-reported, under-appreciated developments in recent days. For instance, consider this . JPMorgan Chase recently sent a letter to ...133 comments 160 Recs
- Donate here: http://shelterboxusa.org/involved.php?page=113 A message ...14 comments 24 Recs
- News of the earthquake in Nepal sends a shot of pain through the heart. Whether we keep track of events as they unfold or simply see the headlines in passing, a crisis like this is felt around the ...22 comments 83 Recs
- Franklin D. Roosevelt at his first inaugural address encouraged Americans to stand up to that “nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into ...20 comments 29 Recs
- No current results.