Posting History for leavingthezoo
|Let Them Marry
I want to preface this by saying it is evident marriage equality is a civil issue, and not a biblical one. However, if we were dealing with civic minded people, this discrimination would not be ...
|Equal Does Not Mean Adding
I am thinking about equality today. I am waiting with hope as the Supreme Court takes up "gay marriage", which is a silly term to me in all honesty. We don't call it "rich marriage" for the well-off,
I am a non-traditional student. It's a term used for those who didn't follow the logical progression of a higher education right out of high school. It can include single moms, older students, ...
|Guns Are Tools Just Like Pencils!
I don't alway process as quickly as everyone else. I'm prone to over thinking, over feeling, compulsively trying to understand that which comes easily, and that which does not. I try not to dismiss ...
|He Tried To Break Down My Door
The wind is blowing. The news is threatening us with snow flurries. Nothing major. Most likely I will see no evidence as it is not expected to accumulate over night. I'm huddled in my living room ...
|It's true. I voted Obama for the gifts.
Republican leadership needs to lay off Romney. All this crazy distancing by the Jindals and Gingrichs, this sudden epiphany that the reason republicans cannot connect with the American majority is ...
|Irrational Waves of an Overreaction
Wednesday morning, November 7, 2012, I awoke to a beautiful sunrise coming up over the trees that outline the field behind my home. I could already hear the hustle of workers making their way to ...
|Obama Will Be There
I am often asked by my Republican friends and family, "How can you be one of them , and why on earth would I vote for that guy?" I was born and raised in Oklahoma, and as you know, we are the only ...
|The Pulse in My Veins
Every night before I go to sleep, I remind myself to breathe. I remind myself, because when the world is closed out by the blinds, and stillness permeates our room, in the silence I take inventory ...
|I Love Her
Our friendship began in 1989. I was fourteen. We were nothing alike, and the spark of our relationship began with a playful car theft. I say playful because we warned the boy whose car we were going ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by leavingthezoo
- Sometimes we turn a page in our lives, and sometimes we start a new chapter. At just a few points in life we realize that we are now leaving "Part the Second", for example, and entering "Part the ...10 comments 26 Recs
- In a week when Oklahoma has taken center stage on the national news media, one might have expected our local embedded journalists to step up, and report not just that which they see before their ...90 comments 234 Recs
- Senator Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island made a statement that is giving great offense to Republicans. (Hat tip to Charles P. Pierce for flagging this .) "So, you may have a question for me," ...161 comments 626 Recs
- Just a quick note for those who are there, know anyone in the area, or just want to share the info. Charging station (equipped w/ emergency phones, Internet access, pcs, and chargers): - 201 S ...4 comments 8 Recs
- TORNADO LIVEBLOG PART II: Moore, Okla. Cleans Up From Unfathomable Destruction, Storms Still OngoingThe previous liveblog can be found here . Dangerous, tornadic thunderstorms are continuing to roar across the Midwest this afternoon as residents of Moore Oklahoma continue to clean up from the ...376 comments 315 Recs
- Here we go again. Round 3 of this severe weather outbreak will unfold on Monday afternoon across the Midwest as the troublemaking low pressure system begins to very slowly make its way off to the ...77 comments 115 Recs
- My niece's husband rails against people who want any kind of gun safety regulations. He also has a shotgun. And a two-year-old daughter. I once nicely asked my niece, who, like her husband, is ...659 comments 446 Recs
- A third tornado outbreak will occur on Monday over pretty much the same areas that got slammed on Sunday. I have a new diary up with all the details at this link . I'll continue updating this ...265 comments 201 Recs
- Over the course of the past few weeks, I've found myself in conversations with other women about the decision to not have children. Or simply not wanting children. Because it's Sunday and I'm bored,566 comments 367 Recs
- So, you have been forewarned. This diary is all about the glory of me. However, I think I have a right. You see, I'm doing something Saturday that seemed so out of reach for so long that I can ...134 comments 389 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.