Posting History for louisxiv
|GQs 20 Craziest Politicians And Why I Hate Joe Scarborough
GQ came out with an article called "the 20 Craziest Politicians Alive." http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebrities/201501/craziest-politicians 17 Republicans and 3 Democrats (and Joe Biden was ...
|Somehow I was added to a GOP mailing list
Five or six years ago, I somehow got added to a GOP mailing list (probably as a joke by a friend). My mailbox does not fill up with letters from every teabagger group or GOP candidate, but I ...
|Dan Lipinski for Vatican Ambassador!!
The Chicago Tribune reported today that Miguel Diaz has resigned as the United States' ambassador to the Vatican. One of the names being floated as his replacement is Congressman Dan Lipinski of ...
|I've finally had it with Andrea Mitchell's MSNBC ad
I'm a pretty regular MSNBC watcher and I keep seeing an ad by Andrea Mitchell where she makes it clear she is against attempts to supress voting. While this is laudable, she starts out by saying ...
|Illinois GOTV Bad News and Good News
I've been involved in a variety of GOTV activities for the Illinois Democratic candidates - phone banking, door-to-door, personal appeals to friends, facebook friends, etc. My contacts reveal there ...
|Chicago Tribune Endorses Obama
This is another big sign of an impending Obama tidal wave. The Chicago Tribune, that bastion of big time Republicanism, has endorsed Barack Obama for President.
|Chicago Trib Says It's Palin
The Chicago Tribune is reporting that two highly placed Republican sources have stated that Alaska governor Sarah Palin is John McCain's choice for vice president.
|MSNBC: Morning Joe Has Got To Go!
I'm a huge fan of MSNBC. I watch Olbermann every night and while Chris Matthews can really be obnoxious, I'm too much of a political junkie to miss Hardball. The new Verdict show is not bad either.
|$200,000 Not Rich???
In an article in today's N.Y. Post (noted on Politico.com), CNBC's Maria Bartiromo was quoted as saying Obama's tax policies would "bite". In particular, she noted that the income tax is in for a ...
|It's Official I'm Rich
I just finished doing my taxes for last year and despite having a taxable income of only $25,000, I am not eligible for one of the upcoming $600 tax rebates. I guess that makes me officially rich.
|Red Phone Ad Debate Good For The Democratic Party
Obama had a pretty bad week leading up to the voting last night (the NAFTA/Canada imbroglio, Reszko's trial starting, Hillary being on Saturday Night Live and the Daily Show [and on offense the ...
|Did pre-election polls hurt Obama?
The polls building up to New Hampshire showed a building Obama tide, with some showing him building to a double digit lead. But did those polls end up hurting Obama tonight?
|Can Booze Save Obama?
Most people seem to agree that a win in Iowa is becoming more and more important to Sen. Obama's chances of winning the Democratic nomination. Most people also seem to acknowledge that Sen. Obama ...
|Iowa Gets To Go First Why?
The latest Newsweek poll about the Iowa caucuses will probably be discussed at length because of Obama taking a lead over Hillary, but I thought the responses to the questions on whether people ...
|Hillary a drag on the rest of the ticket?
There was a good article published by the AP that expresses my deepest concern about Hillary's candidacy - her high negatives.
|Bill Richardson, Deer in the Headlights
I watched the Logo forum last night and was also able to attend Bill Richardson's break out forum at Yearlykos. I am now starting to really wonder about Bill Richardson's ability to be president.
|Blogger banned from dailykos??
I was listening to talk radio (WGN 720 am in Chicago) after last night's Cubs game and the topic of discussion was yearlykos. Unfortunately, I was in my car so I couldn't write down the name of the ...
|Lieberman to switch parties?
On today's Chris Matthews Show, Joe Klein said that Democrats in the Senate are really pissed off at Holy Joe for what he has been saying about them over the war. Joe is also apparently getting ...
|Krauthammer: "We gave Iraq freedom, not a civil war"
Monday's Chicago Tribune ran a column captioned "We gave Iraq freedom, not a civil war" by Charles Krauthammer. The same article ran in his home paper the Washington Post under the headline "Who's ...
|First the Bad News: Bush named Hero of the Year
When people were asked to name their hero of the year in an AP-AOL News Poll the results were as follows: President Bush 13% Troops in Iraq 6% Oprah 3% Barack Obama 3% ...
|Now that this election is over, what are we going to do about the GOP cheating?||louisxiv||11/12/2006||2||1||-||-|
|Conservative Election Projection site predicting Dem sweep||louisxiv||11/07/2006||19||5||-||1|
|UNOPPOSED House Dems sitting on $26 Million||louisxiv||10/19/2006||5||3||-||-|
|Why does Ted Kennedy have $7.4 million?||louisxiv||10/18/2006||21||8||-||-|
|McCaskill up by 9% in latest Missouri Poll||louisxiv||10/12/2006||18||13||-||1|
|Second Congressman involved with pages?????||louisxiv||10/08/2006||73||27||-||5|
|Want to protest Foley-gate? Contribute to John Laesch, Hastert's Opponent!||louisxiv||10/05/2006||5||4||-||7|
|Who makes up that 18%?||louisxiv||10/04/2006||29||1||-||-|
|What's a good liberal Democrat to do?||louisxiv||09/26/2006||17||3||-||5|
|Ban On Picketing At Military Funerals||louisxiv||05/12/2006||10||1||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by louisxiv
- Just reported on CBS. Obama won the debate: 53/23 Obama more trusted 76/...178 comments 233 Recs
- And the narrative has changed!!!! The unemployment rate in the U.S. unexpectedly fell to 7.8 percent in September, the lowest since President Barack Obama took office in January 2009, as employers ...430 comments 388 Recs
- Gallup ROCKETS in the wake of the Obamamerical Likely Traditional (Drudge Version) Obama 51 +1 McCain 43 -...368 comments 485 Recs
- Finally. To paraphrase the man himself, here's the best motherfucking No on Prop 8 ad of this motherfucking campaign:461 comments 1036 Recs
- I am a born and raised Californian. A bay area baby to be exact. Born in Berkeley, raised in the hills of Oakland, lived in Sacramento for a few years, and then back to the bay. (There's nowhere ...453 comments 1037 Recs
- North Carolina had 149,245 more early votes cast Friday, for a cumulative total of 980,035 through 9 days of a 17-day early voting period, nearing the 2004 final total of 984,294. The million vote ...18 comments 19 Recs
- Bill Schneider has been talking out of his ass quite a bit during this election and today he spewed some more dung. He pondered whether Obama had coattails long enough to sweep down ticket Democrats ...43 comments 14 Recs
- The rats are all jumping the ship. The USS McCain/Titanic is in full sink mode and all the traditional republicans are running away as fast as they can. Below the fold, the smart(er) rats are ...447 comments 1138 Recs
- A new Survey USA poll has Barack Obama up 51%-43% in Missouri. Support in St Louis County has solidified ...221 comments 89 Recs
- *This thing is really starting to look like a landslide*. From the StarTribune.com; /At one time Obama had 11 offices in the state and more than 50 staffers. But the staffers pulled out almost a ...47 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.