Below you'll find recent contributions related to madler's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Baltimore mayor requests a full-scale DOJ investigation into the Baltimore Police Department
Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-...
|Face-off at Maryland NOW Forum - Edwards vs. Van Hollen
Chris Van Hollen faced off with our Donna Edwards on Sunday at a forum run by Maryland NOW. Interestingly enough, the invitation to be part of the forum was offered to anyone who plans to run. Next ...
|I can find no evidence of the Baltimore Sun's "Purge" Claim from Monday
The Baltimore Sun made the following claim about the riots on Monday: The incident stemmed from a flier that circulated widely among city school students via social media about a “purge” to ...
|Maryland - Truth & Reconcilliation
Baltimore - Washington - 2015 Born and raised in Maryland in the 1940s and 50s, I've spent the last half-decade settling family affairs in Prince Georges County between Baltimore and Washington DC. ...
|More on Marilyn Mosby
As I said in a diary yesterday, I was so impressed with Ms. Mosby's courageous statement yesterday that I suggested she might be the Democratic candidate for President that we will need in coming ...
|More good Baltimore news: Surge in volunteer mentors
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Chesapeake, which serves the Baltimore area, has had a huge increase in volunteer inquiries after the recent protests and violence. Currently, the mentoring ...
|Who killed Freddie Gray?
This is the first time in more than 11 years that I've posted three diaries in one day, and I don't think I've ever posted two in a day. I'm worked up about the Freddie Gray case. That's partly ...
|The history of Riots in Baltimore
One of the things that really stuck out in Monday's reporting on the unrest in Baltimore was a statement by Daryll DeSousa, the chief of patrol. He said in a press briefing that Baltimore was ...
|GOP lawmaker wants to take food stamps from parents of 'thug community'
Welcome to post-racial America. Here, in his own words (...
|No, Freddie Gray did not have spinal surgery "a week before" his arrest
More excellent coverage from the Baltimore SUN, sticking a thumb in the eye of the F--- Rep----c website and its vicious rumors. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-gray-settlement-...
|AAAnd the Baltimore PD is OFF with the Latest Bullsomething
Ok, I admit to being a bit obsessive with the Freddie Gray case and subsequent protests and police riots but this latest posted on the not venerable WaPo is utter bullshite. Prisoner in Van Says . .
|"We love Baltimore." community takes hold
The true Baltimore story was an all day event yesterday. Because I was wedded to my sofa, and unable to work due to an injury so couldn't even be at the computer, I watched all day as Baltimore took ...
|The Education of A White Boy
Nearly 51 years ago I graduated from Morgan State College. I was the only white boy in my graduating class, the only one in the school. My story is a long one, better read in detail in the memoir I ...
|"Baltimore is a Shithole." Reason One Billion I'm Embarrassed to be a White Person
So, I was just perusing other blogs and I believe I found this one on Eschaton which had a link to the gawker. "Baltimore is a Shithole": Undisturbed Peace at the Maryland Hunt Club." Read it and ...
|Maryland goes from Blue to Red, overnight
I know I live in a comfy Baltimore County enclave - solidly middle class, good schools - you know, suburbia. But I have occasion to go into the city often enough, and used to work there. I know ...
|Coverage by the Baltimore SUN: no paywall
Latest updates on the Baltimore riots and Freddie Gray case Live is at this link: http://live.baltimoresun.com/Event/Latest_updates_from_the_Freddie_Gray_case_in_Baltimore And longtime columnist ...
|Powerful video interview of Crips and Bloods disputing claims of the Baltimore police
Bloods and Crips uniting and disputing the claims of the Baltimore Police Yesterday, immediately after the funeral of Freddie Gray, the Baltimore Police Department released an ...
|Baltimore. Tweetpics from the Streets.
It's hard to know exactly what's going on. From the storyline the tweets tell, after Freddy Gray's funeral this morning things heated up considerably. Various police transports have been set on ...
|Widespread Protests in Baltimore Continue; Police Becoming Increasingly Aggressive
Canisters of tear gas litter the streets of Baltimore. Police release an ...
|Meeting Donna Edwards – A Maryland Congresswoman running for Senate
On March 19th, 2015, I got an e-mail from EMILY’S LIST – an PAC dedicated to promoting pro-choice Democratic women – announcing that they were going to be endorsing two black women who were ...
|Baltimore police issue warning: credible threats gangs are going to target and 'take-out' officers
Baltimore police arresting Freddie Gray. The Baltimore Police have issued a bulletin they want to share nationwide with other police departments. They claim to evidence that gangs are working ...
|A Photo from Baltimore.
Photo : If ever a photo should exist to explain how we feel every day, from the moment we arise til we fall asleep. pic.twitter.com/m9hdWJ6TrU — The Real Segun Idowu (@RevrendDoctor) April 26, ...
|Martin O'Malley's Proposal to Deal with the Student Loan Crisis
Last week, I wrote a diary about Martin O'Malley's views of the Student Loan Crisis. There's no doubt that one of the most important issues that needs to be discussed and debated in the ...
|For the Record: Baltimore FOP 'lynch mob' press release
Other diaries about the Gray death in Baltimore have created more heat than light. We can all agree that calling a group of residents, who happen to be African American, who happen to be protesting ...
|Sick irony clearly lost on Baltimore Police Union as it calls peaceful protestors a 'lynch mob'||Shaun King||04/23/2015||91|
Recommended by madler
- All right, "lying" may be too strong a word, I suppose, for what Dennis Kucinich is doing regarding his intentions with respect to the health care bill. I'm pretty comfortable with "dissembling," ...489 comments 249 Recs
- Today a Blue Dog was pissing on the House 122 and the Senate 40, saying they were stupid and were deluding the Progressives, when it was clear that PO has no legs. This coming from Rahmsian mafia ...93 comments 8 Recs
- This news report was just released by the AP. It sounds big. WASHINGTON—Speaking for the millions of principled American liberals who believe in the government’s fundamental ...540 comments 564 Recs
- I'm going to read the site and that'll be it. I am only posting this because some people here read my stuff and I feel like I should let people know. I'm too lazy to email. I've been reading the ...560 comments 407 Recs
- Cenk Uygur: "On the substance, Jane Hamsher and Grover Norquist are right." He illustrates why a left-right alliance is necessary to get the attention of the Obama Administration, and how this ...1627 comments 223 Recs
- Can you believe the gall of progressives willing to mention that Bernie Sanders deserves responsibility for his support of the Lieberman/Obama/Baucus Healthcare Privatization Act? First ...49 comments 8 Recs
- This statement surprised me. You be the judge. Obama said the public option "has become a source of ideological contention between the left and right." But, he added, "I ...1297 comments 577 Recs
- I've never met her, though been in the same room with her. Same goes with Markos. And quite a few (but not all) of the front pagers. And yet, I wish each of them peace and good wishes for the ...467 comments 557 Recs
- Sen Feingold tonight, in the strongest statement yet from a prominent progressive on the bill I have seen, expresses his frustrations with the President over the loss of the public option and real ...739 comments 415 Recs
- Candidate Obama said it was "time to turn the page," and that during the election he spoke loudly and clearly towards the hearts, minds and souls of the people in our country that he called, "Main ...987 comments 461 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.