Below you'll find recent contributions related to michaelhenderson's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 5/4
|Race, Class and Neglect
is the title of this column by Paul Krugman in today's New York Times . It starts with the notion that we still have a problem with race, as exemplified by what happened with Freddie Gray and the ...
|BREAKING: Two men shot dead outside of "Draw the Prophet" show in Texas
Two men shot dead outside of "Draw the Prophet Show" That's what is coming in over the wires from Garland, Texas Two people were fatally shot today outside a Garland, Texas, community center that ...
|A brief but powerful video from Jeremy Scahill
I thank MsSpentyouth for the Facebook post that made me aware of it. As far as i could tell it had not yet been shared here. Watch and then respond in the comments. Follow this link to the ...
|Another update on Felicity
Our now three-legged cat came home just before Noon yesterday. We have her in a downstairs room. After several times when she hid behind bookcases where we could not reach her, I emptied the ...
|Ten things I would do If I were Bernie's campaign manager...
1. He'd be in the South Bronx, rural West Virginia and South Texas and every place like it. On foot. Every single day. Even in red states. NOT in Berkeley or Santa Fe or the Upper West Side. Or any ...
|The OPOL Report: Fake change in a new box edition
||One Pissed Off Liberal||05/03/2015||141|
|"Freddie Gray Never Had a Chance"
|Kitchen Table Kibitzing, 5/2/15
I missed this during the workweek and now find myself with a little more hope we’ll transcend the darkness of hate and fear to step foot in the lightness of love and acceptance... another small ...
|Now Tell Me There's No GOP War On Women!
I'm so outraged as I'm writing this that I'm going to have to be extra careful about typos, etc. Republicans in Congress have passed a bill that would make it perfectly legal for your boss to fire ...
|Nate Cohn is right: Its really hard to be Barack Obama of 2008
BROOKLYN!!! Let me count the ways. Refute them if you can. 1. Timing. Barack Obama would not have even thought of challenging Hillary Clinton were it not for two extremely fortunate ...
| Must-read from Ta-Nehisi Coates on Baltimore
When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, ...
|Some context to recent events in Baltimore
If you want some context to the recent events in Baltimore, read the piece linked below. Let me note as one who has taught just outside Baltimore for the past two years (first in Glen Burnie and ...
|Daily Kos Elections weekly open thread: What races are you interested in?
The Who — Won't Get Fooled Again (1971)
|an update on Felicity
Yesterday, in this posting , I explained about our youngest (at 12 years 7 months) rescued cat, her cancer, and her forthcoming leg amputation because of a tumor that encircled the leg. She had to ...
|House committee passes bill to curtail mass surveillance
The House Judiciary Committee struck a blow against Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...
|Christie ally pleads guilty in bridge scandal, others indicted
Gov. Chris Christie's high-school buddy and former Port ...
|Fire in Chernobyl Contaminated Zone
RT RT and The Ecologist report that a huge forest fire near the abandoned contaminated zone around the Chernobyl disaster site in northern Ukraine is releasing plutonium as well as cesium and ...
|Republicans plotting how to take 8 million Obamacare customers hostage
Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY) Republicans might ...
|Justice Department announces $20 million body camera pilot program
Attorney General Loretta Lynch capped her first, ...
|Daily Kos Elections Live Digest: 5/1
|Sometimes what matters can change in an instant
and all your previously decided priorities get tossed out. Earlier this month my wife discovered a growth on the right rear leg of one of our three remaining rescued cats, Felicity, the shyest. She ...
|Martin O'Malley's Baltimore Visit Reminds Us Why He Will Never Be President
Martin O'Malley's drive for the White House hasn't been a secret. He's appeared in Iowa 13 times already with more than 35 events. The former governor has given speeches at places like the Kansas ...
|House Republicans nearly prove they love Wall Street more than the troops
Rep. Tammy Duckworth, veteran, saves the day. House Republicans were all set ...
|Rand Paul's advisers explain to him why joking about riots might be bad
And just think, it's only April. Of 2015.
|Republicans Tom Cotton and Marco Rubio obstruct Republican Senate on Iran vote
This is precisely what Republican leadership deserved to get when recruiting and backing unhinged zealots like the newly elected Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR). Now ...
|Republicans scramble to get out of the Obamacare mess they created for themselves
Republican lawmakers know very well that they're in an ...
|Mike Huckabee: Supreme Court 'cannot overrule God'
American Taliban It's the ...
|Ted Cruz says Barack Obama has 'inflamed racial tensions'
Makes Sarah Palin look like an intellectual.
|House Republicans' pull spending bill because they were afraid it would pass
Rep. Chris Van Hollen The House has started working on spending bills, and of course has started with the most important thing ever: defense. But they encountered a big hiccup right out of the box, ...
Recommended by michaelhenderson
- I just finished reading Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood & the Prison of ...43 comments 34 Recs
- Liberty students cheer for Cruz's call to end Obamacare, apparently too dumb to realize they benefit"Man, these kids are idiots!" ...192 comments 80 Recs
- It seems the larger mainstream media outlets like Time Magazine are starting to realize that 'small-fry' social media outlets have become a force to be reckoned with. Last week, I published ...287 comments 454 Recs
- The home of 'hate radio' including The Rush Limbaugh Show, has had a bad day, bad week, bad quarter, and bad year. Billboard Magazine reports IHeart ...53 comments 110 Recs
- John and ...124 comments 171 Recs
- On his show 7/23/14, Rush Limbaugh took time out from hating on gays, women, Black people, Latino people, Native American people, poor people, and Pope Francis (for reminding us of Jesus' teachings ...30 comments 23 Recs
- This week Rush Limbaugh used the term "Uncle Tom" to shame African American voters. He blamed U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran's (R-Mississippi) upset primary win on "black Uncle Toms voters." "I wonder ...13 comments 11 Recs
- When you think of red states and red districts, especially in the south, the “conventional wisdom” has been that competing there is a lost cause; that the GOP's stronghold there is impermeable. ...220 comments 448 Recs
- Last January, the Atlanta based Home Depot chain of home improvement centers bought the leading Internet window covering vendor Blinds.com, based in Houston. Blinds.com is a national advertiser on ...13 comments 18 Recs
- Filed from the field by hrhprissy , who is on assignment: Sluts, prostitutes and militant feminazis everywhere rejoiced as Sandra Fluke crossed the finish line in the California Primary. She and ...11 comments 29 Recs
- No current results.