Posting History for nick copeland
|Taksim Square: Aftermath and Enduring Revolutionary Spirit
This is a note from Can Aciksoz, a participant in the Taksim Square uprising. It describes mass arrests and police brutality and threats. It also points to the enduring revolutionary spirit in ...
|Turkish PM Erdogan's menacing speech
This is a transcription of Prime Minister Erdogan's speech to a crowd yesterday, passed on from Turkish friends who are at the protests. It's quite scary. He demonizes the protestors as violent and ...
|Behind OUR Walmart’s Black Friday Strike
People curious about what is behind the Wal-Mart Black Friday strikes planned by the members of Organization United for Respect at Wal-Mart, (OUR Walmart) http://forrespect.org/should consider the ...
|if the GOP IS at war with reality...
Does that mean that they going to defund it, demonize it, undermine its right to organize a union, stop it from marrying the person it loves, or close down the clinics where it receives needed ...
|Guatemalan army attacks protesters in Totonicapan
Yesterday, October 4th 2012, forces from the Guatemalan army and the National Police opened fire on a protest of indigenous civilians from the municipality of Totonicapan who were protesting new ...
|Egypt: Fear or Understanding?
As a cultural anthropology instructor, I am constantly looking for ways to show the relevance of anthropological concepts and perspectives by applying them to real world events. This week, I ...
|A ride till the end hits New Orleans
A Ride Till the End--has arrived in New Orleans. For those of you just tuning in, A Ride Till the End is a perpetual bike ride undertaken by Afghan war veterans to protest the wars in Afghanistan ...
|A ride till the end: Afghan vets start bike ride protest
On May 1st, Jacob George, an US Army Sergeant and veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom, together with other veterans and friends, began a non-stop cross-country biking trek to protest the US war in ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by nick copeland
- From The Washington Post : In the largest settlement with a single American Indian tribe, the Obama administration will pay the Navajo Nation $554 million to settle claims that the U.S. government ...139 comments 281 Recs
- For more, check out the Anti-unional website.7 comments 28 Recs
- Recently on this website, as well as other places, I've noticed a minor amount of diaries and posts detailing the current voting trends of my generation. And well, while I will not disagree that the ...233 comments 193 Recs
- Each February we reflect upon black history and honor prominent black leaders who have made a positive contribution to American history. However, some prominent black leaders are consistently ...149 comments 254 Recs
- Author's Note: Some 30 years ago, as an undergraduate studying Economics, I took a course in Industrial Organization and Public Policy. I have been mulling some of the ideas I first encountered in ...76 comments 77 Recs
- From USA Today : BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Wal-Mart Stores replaced CEO and President Mike Duke and named Doug McMillon as its new leader after a rough period for the world's largest retailer in which ...167 comments 453 Recs
- Well the vote is in, and now we have lost Palau. 22nd annual slam dunk contest ends 188:2. The U.N. will vote tomorrow [Edit: now today ] on whether to condemn the U.S. blockade of Cuba . The world ...66 comments 48 Recs
- H/T to VL Baker for posting the World Bank's compelling video about the effects of a 4 degree C average global temperature increase from the 1700's to 2100, compared to only 2 degree C increase ...68 comments 85 Recs
- This term, the Supreme Court heard a case about affirmative action in university admissions, Fisher v. University of Texas , where my alma mater was on the side of diversity for a change (http://www....7 comments 15 Recs
- I really wanted to believe the people who responded skeptically to my earlier look at Dkos meta-priorities regarding the VRA ruling, and specifically brought up the substantial number of Voting ...312 comments 26 Recs
nick copeland's Tags
- No current results.
nick copeland's Blogroll
- No current results.