Posting History for nominalize
|About that Coke commercial...
You've heard about that Coke commercial, with people singing "America the Beautiful" in a half-dozen languages. You've heard about the conservative apoplexy in response to its not being, um, "Anglo"
|Why arguments for open carry of guns makes no sense
The thing I never understood about open carry can be summarized in a question: If guns aren't intimidating, how are they supposed to deter a criminal? This question comes to mind as I read this ...
|How to prevent future shutdowns, in two easy steps
So the shutdown is a disaster, and once again, zealous ideological Conservatism has driven Republicans to use the letter of the parliamentary process to abuse its spirit. Nothing can be done about ...
|Tired of gun excuses? Here's how to deal with them this Christmas
Christmas is fast approaching, for those of you who do that sort of thing. Many of us are heading to see family, those folks we wouldn't hang out with if it weren't for our shared genetic material.
|Briefs 2: Undermine GOP talking points in one sentence
Last week, I posted a diary that offered some one-sentence 'zingers' that not only counter GOP talking points, but undermine the conservatism behind them. For instance: On trickle-down: The ...
|Briefs: Undermine GOP talking points with one sentence
Sometimes, it's hard to undo right-wing talking points because it requires long, detailed, complicated explanations anchored in reality. But sometimes, it's not so difficult. Here are a few ...
|Nobody pays zero tax in this country. Nobody.
Let's get one thing clear: Nobody pays zero tax in this country. It's true: 47% of (adult) Americans don't pay federal income tax. This includes retirees (duh), the unemployed (obviously), and ...
|The best word to describe Mr Romney? Inept
Mitt Romney's job for the last six years has been running for President. And yet, his campaign involves one inept gaffe after another. Say what you will about his proposals, but he's a terrible ...
|"I'm tired of the Occupy people", says my wife.
Last night my wife and I had a conversation about the Occupy people. Just out of the blue, she said "I'm tired of hearing about the Occupy people". Alarm bells went off in my head as my debating ...
|A letter to the 1%, from a member of the 99%
Dear 1%, Fuck you. We thought you had shattered the economy, but it turns out you've only shattered us. The recession ended two years ago, but joblessness stays as high as in France. In France! ...
|A phrase I don't want to see here anymore
There's a phrase that we often use here and elsewhere where liberals congegrate and commiserate. It's an expression of exasperation at the apparent unwillingness of the average American to vote for ...
|What *is* wrong with American education?
From the sound of it, if there's one thing we gotta fix in America, it's our nation's education. We used to have a great system, but now it's failing our children. Everyone's got a solution for ...
|Conservatives lie through video editing... again!
We remember the ACORN prostitute advisors, and the Shirley Sherrod saga at the Dept. of Agriculture. In both cases, conservatives selectively edited videos to make the truth fit their memes. They ...
|Some bullet points
I just had a few thoughts, and don't have time to develop them fully (That whole job + young family thing is a time suck from blogging!). But they've worked well for me, and hopefully they'll give ...
|Militias are just gun geeks, really...
Whenever Democrats run the country (or whatever it is Democrats are doing in Washington :D), we hear about militia groups lurking in our forests, preparing for armed insurrection. I guess we're ...
|A simple eight-point-plan for health reform
It might seem like ages ago, but it was only this spring that our country was all up in arms about health care reform. With all the shoutin' and fightin', it was hard to figure out what was goin' on.
|Bush Tax Cut: Where are the jobs?
It's funny how Republicans are saying that we have to extend the Bush tax cuts, or we'll raise taxes on "job creators". They think they're being clever by setting up a frame whereby rich people are ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by nominalize
- Jim Ward (D-Wichita) couldn't have imagined how his plan to force medicaid hearings would go in February . Today, in Topeka, the answer was made clear as the hearing was forced into larger rooms -180 comments 557 Recs
- With so much debate around the seeming return of Measles - in part spurred by those who were not vaccinated, and putting more at risk, many friends have reminded me of this statement about the ...800 comments 659 Recs
- Pope Francis is no Karl Marx. Pope Francis, Pope of Popes, ain't taking no shit from U.S. conservatives who say he is pushing communism, not compassion: Some U.S. conservatives have branded the ...207 comments 342 Recs
- "Be reasonable," Fox News urged viewers Thursday in a segment about all ...130 comments 102 Recs
- Sen, Mary Landrieu Louisiana Senate race, 2014, General election Landrieu (D) 42.08 Cassidy (R) 40.97 Maness (R) 13.76 Clements (R) 0....102 comments 43 Recs
- There aren't many subjects I'd agree with Sen. McCain on, but kudos to him for speaking out so clearly and honestly on CIA torture, unlike others who wanted the Committee Study of the Central ...247 comments 273 Recs
- David Koch Over the past few ...125 comments 123 Recs
- Tonight in Kansas City, Missouri, crowds will gather in hopes of getting people to remember that terror and hatred aren't answers. http://fox4kc.com/2014/12/04/pedestrian-struck-near-downtown-...105 comments 378 Recs
- Rural Communities across America worry about struggling to maintaining a population. Kids leave, and the services they expect in a big city simply aren't available for them. For pete sake, in ...104 comments 316 Recs
- It has ...175 comments 178 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.