Below you'll find recent contributions related to r fisher's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Economics, like politics: 31 flavors of permanent unreality
Summary: Yesterday we read the "OPOL report," which argued we have a "bullshit political system." Today, with reference to a piece by Raul Ilargi Meijer in today's Naked Capitalism , I'm going to ...
|A short note on Baltimore and that sort of thing
Property is theft. -- Pierre-Joseph Proudhon Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. -- Frederick Douglass So what white America told black America was: "Two ...
|The TPP and climate change: two issues at once!
OK, so first the TPP, the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Nobody is allowed to see it, but it's going to pass. The White House is working with Republicans on this one . One of the things TPP will ...
|"Toppling the 1%" and the Need for a Leftist
From the Huffington Post's Zach Carter: Hillary Clinton Calls For 'Toppling' The 1 Percent Hillary Clinton believes that strengthening the middle class and alleviating income inequality will ...
Recommended by r fisher
- Presented without commentary… (h/t to Mark Thoma at [http://economistsview.typepad.com Economist’s View], and Yves Smith at [http://www.nakedcapitalism.com Naked Capitalism])357 comments 435 Recs
- I've taken heat for saying this before and I probably will again. Yes, I know, John McCain was shot down, captured, held as a prisoner of war and tortured. For that he's been held out as a hero and ...280 comments 350 Recs
- For all of the numbers and statistics and poll charts we've seen, this might be the most important number of this election. 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) Write it on your hand in Sharpie so it's ...69 comments 201 Recs
- John McCain went on Brian Kilmeade's radio show this morning to shake his angry fist like he was yelling at a ...220 comments 303 Recs
- It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything. -Stalin Does anybody know or care that Mitt ...246 comments 378 Recs
- Horrible right ?: They interviewed 430 adult Americans and asked: Regardless of which candidate you happen to support, who do you think did the best job in the debate -- Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?53 comments 70 Recs
- One of the many strikes against Mitt Romney's candidacy has been a regular drumbeat of complaint by movement conservatives like Redstate's Erick Erickson that Romney isn't sufficiently ideologically ...115 comments 377 Recs
- Had lunch with a good friend, who can be described as... a MostlyRepublican. He voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004. May have voted for Obama in 2008, but only because he thought Sarah Palin was such ...211 comments 740 Recs
- You've likely heard of a new "documentary" film called "2016: Obama's America." The film is the brainchild of right-wing culture warrior Dinesh D'Souza . Last week it was the #9 movie in the country,243 comments 397 Recs
- Hi there. I'm new here, but have read DK for several years, and this is - ta da! - my first diary. In order to properly introduce myself, I have to explain why I'm a Ben Tre Republican. First, ...196 comments 421 Recs
r fisher's Tags
- No current results.
r fisher's Blogroll
- No current results.