Posting History for river0
|Charlie Hebdo: Catholic League, James Madison, and Free Speech
Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League, a U.S. organization that "defends the rights of Catholics," issued a statement titled "Muslims are right to be angry." And then goes on to say “what ...
|Ernst - Why Iowans Should Vote
Many of Joni Ernst's basic beliefs would be laughable if they weren't so damn dangerous. Ernst doesn't believe in human-driven global warming, she dismisses international scientific consensus (...
|NON-EYEWITNESS: A "Rosie" by any other name would smell like Darren Wilson
Nowhere near Ferguson, MO: "Rosie," the Riviting Non-eyewitness Immediately after police officer Wilson shot Brown, a number of eyewitnesses told a number of news and other sources what they’d ...
|Character and Barack Obama
"The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching." --John Wooden In case any one missed the story last time around, I thought I'd dig it out again. The story is not ...
| Would You Like a Varicose Vein Doc Shaping Your State’s Birth Control Laws?
If not, you may need to stay out of Oklahoma. Check out the birth control law Oklahoman Dominic Pedulla, M.D. has proposed and the medical pseudoscience he's conjured to support it. When The Onion ...
|Voting Entitlement & the Holy Bishop of D.C.
Courtesy of CREDO. Thanks, guys! The Supreme Court votes Friday on the fate of the Voting Rights Act, one of the most important and successful civil rights laws in our nation's history. In oral ...
|Open Letter to The Huffington Post
The Huffington Post : We want to know what you think. Do you feel safer knowing that the U.S. is willing to target citizens it believes mean to do harm to the country?
|NRA: 2nd Amendment designed for nation's own destruction
Wayne LaPierre explained the purpose of the 2nd Amendment to the Senate yesterday: I think without any doubt, if you look at why our Founding Fathers put it [the Second Amendment] there, they had ...
|Nullification: invitation to violence and anarchy
Nullification is an attack on the very foundation of the Constitution, and as James Madison says a "fatal inlet to anarchy": But it follows, from no view of the subject, that a nullification of a ...
|CNN & South Carolina Sheriff Al Cannon
Letter from Brady Quirk-Garvan from signon.org: Thank you again for signing the petition calling on Sheriff Al Cannon to resign. In a few short days we've already had over 350 people sign the ...
|Update on South Carolina Sheriff Al Cannon
Today, in response to my signing the "Sheriff Al Cannon should resign" petition at signon.org, I received an e-mail from Mr. Cannon. Very polite but asking me to watch the video about his plans to ...
|Tom Selleck Alert
http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/17/odonnell-it-is-time-to-question-tom-sellecks-humanity/ I was just scanning Google to see if Tom Selleck had yet responded to Lawrence O'Donnell piece about Selleck's ...
|Scalia’s 2nd, Nullification, and National Suicide
In the majority opinion of District of Columbia v. Heller, Scalia writes: “We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms … that the sorts of weapons ...
|538 Halloween—Obama 77.4%, Romney 22.6%
Nate Silver has just posted his first Halloween President Forecast numbers: the chances of Obama winning 270+ electoral votes has just jumped to 77.4% and Romney's has dropped to 22.6%.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by river0
- Not really. But If I were, this is the sign I would put in my door. "Dear Valued Patrons. Due to my sincerely held religious beliefs, and in light of the RFRA, recently signed by our Dear ...372 comments 737 Recs
- From the Guardian , Wednesday morning… [http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/dec/24/federal-review-michael-brown-eric-garner-crawford-hamilton Federal officials may use little-known civil ...77 comments 228 Recs
- 'Disrespectful' Man Kicked Out Of Town Meeting - Refused To Stand For 'One Nation Under God' (VIDEO)Another absurd and unconstitutional 'WTF' is happening in Florida. Joseph Richardson, 51, repeatedly asked the city of Winter Garden to change its ...189 comments 209 Recs
- Click image for full Daily Kos book review The U.S. Senate has courageously just stood up to the Christian-supremacist bullies in the House of Representatives. Oh yes, ...107 comments 469 Recs
- Yesterday, the former vice president of the United States ...409 comments 187 Recs
- Nobody can deny the fact that Christianity has played a huge role in our history. From the first Thanksgiving to the ideas of Jesus Christ that are embroidered in our culture today, Christianity and ...422 comments 807 Recs
- They were treating him like a dog. Attorney shuts down police stop of black handyman A recent videotaped incident in Washington, D.C., highlights the way race and class matter in police interactions ...358 comments 461 Recs
- They started on the project after learning about the 2011 famine in the Horn of Africa . The girls came up with an experiment that resulted in ...138 comments 484 Recs
- Chuck Todd is a college dropout who hails from the rightwinged hack-shop of National Journal Hotline. Let me preface this by saying: college dropout does not equal stupidity. But, in Chuck Todd's ...370 comments 357 Recs
- And Attorney General Greg Abbott got ...136 comments 341 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.