Posting History for rowanleigh
|this EX-Walmart Employee Thanks you all-and a request for help.
Dear Dailykos community: I first started small diaries here about my work at Wal-mart, detailing their horrible pay, terrible scheduling, lousy sick day policy, and my beloved colleagues struggles ...
|What OUR Walmart is fighting for
As a cashier at wal-mart, I am following with interest the Our Wal-mart and Blitz(Black Friday) protests taking place. I want to state that at my store, as one of our cashiers put it, "we are too ...
|Possibly fired-Cashier's Rant-Walmart Edition
Sorry for the short diary, but I am typing this from a friend's house. Yesterday I wrote a diary about wal-mart's Sick day policies. Today, it may be me who is writing about being fired from Wal-...
|Cashier's Rant-Wal-mart Edition-Sick Days
Many of you know through lightbulb's diaries, how absolutely abysmal the treatment of retail workers by retail corporations really is. Today, I'd like to explore retail corporation's sick day policy,
|Cashier's Rant-Time Management Edition
This is an ongoing series of the stories and people who work and shop in a small town Wal-Mart. I am not always kind, or generous in my assessments of situations, but true feelings about ...
|Cashier's rant- No milk for babies edition
This is an ongoing series on working at Wal-mart and trying to survive on a retail salary.
|Cashier's Rant THE EVENT-Edition
You all know Lightbulb’s diairies on being a retail worker, and now, it’s time to share what working as a cashier looks like. I work at Wal-Mart as a cashier. Yes, THE dreaded abysmal, union ...
|Black, Red, and White (Dedicated to my mother, 9/45-7/09)
Three colors adorn the altar, three colors, ancient in meaning, starkly beautiful as I sit in meditation, with my rosary, saying recrafted ancient prayers, prayers as fresh as the new religion I ...
|Coming out of the Abortion Closet-Part 3 Updated
In support of this excellent diary here, I am reposting the third part of my series, "Coming out of the Abortion Closet" :
I have 30 days to get through the crisis of my life. 30 days to decide what to do from here after a brutal domestic abuse situation. 30 days to find a job, find shelter, live on $400 cash, solve my ...
|The choices made when you go naked
NYCeve wrote about her friend who has decided to "go naked", i.e. without health insurance. As someone who went with junk insurance for the self-employed, and who two years ago decided the premiums ...
|Coming Out of the Abortion Closet Part 3
In support of this excellent diary here, I am reposting the third part of my series, "Coming out of the Abortion Closet"
|Coming Out of the Abortion Closet, Part 2
This diary is second in a three part series on the journey from saying my abortion is private and I should not talk about it with anyone, to being an advocate for women to share their abortion ...
|Coming Out of the Abortion Closet, Part One
The Abortion Closet A three part series of a personal journey from being silent and marginalized about my abortion to being open and honest about my experience.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by rowanleigh
- Walmart's response to tales of customer dissatisfaction at empty shelves and long lines has been that those are anecdotes and things are great in Walmart ...178 comments 148 Recs
- The saga of trying to get the Violence Against Women Act reauthorized has been going on for months now, and the ...75 comments 134 Recs
- Support these Walmart workers on Black Friday Walmart appears to be facing an unprecedented wave of worker ...97 comments 102 Recs
- A Romney / Ryan voter perhaps? Words matter. This is from USA and it is shameful. Send this to a veteran. This is how people who support this kind of rhetoric will be treating our disabled ...206 comments 243 Recs
- Walmart, one of the richest corporations in the world, refuses to pay its employees a livable wage or provide any form of decent healthcare, increasing reliance on government assistance, and the ...110 comments 314 Recs
- Wage theft - the non-payment or the under-payment of an agreed upon wage - has been a growing problem across the country, seen in every industry from retail and service to manufacturing and ...74 comments 117 Recs
- UPDATED, SEE BELOW While our nation still reels from the economic crisis brought on by irresponsible Republican fiscal policies that saw millions of jobs being lost, the middle class being ...74 comments 148 Recs
- Two sides of the planet. Two different systems. Two different realities for workers--and, therein, lies the lesson: economies are about power, and values.125 comments 180 Recs
- For those unfamiliar, Regretsy is primarily a humor site for people to post about ridiculous and bizarre items for sale on the craft ...87 comments 172 Recs
- Dear Michael Moore: I read your diary . While I can't claim to be any kind of official representative of ...425 comments 307 Recs
- No current results.