Posting History for shagnaski
|The evolution of gutless irresponsibility on MSN
Shortly before four o'clock this morning MSN carried a headline for a story not in the top heads. It had to do with Sen. Paul's sacrifice of professional integrity in the cause of reckless ...
|Unhappiness with two Congressmen of whom I expected better
On learning of the support of my own and another Congressman (Don Beyer) whom I’d supported for gutting the Dodd-Frank Act, I called their offices to express my dismay. Then I wrote two friends ...
|A reasoned, measured response to an anti-Muslim screed.
Yesterday I was gifted with a hateful piece by a patriotic Murican explaining shortly why Muslims were beneath contempt; it was titled: Muslims My Ass...Excellent! Despite my resolve neither to ...
|Cong. Duckworth deserves...?
The short answer is that I don’t know but that from what I have seen, neither does anyone else. For clarity, she is among the candidates to whom we have provided financial support. In case ...
|One Pissed Off (and very depressed) Liberal
With apologies to the one whose delightful screen name “One Pissed Off Liberal” I have usurped, I am tired and disgusted at the entreaties for money that come literally by the hundreds every week.
|Greetings from Canada where they know not of snark…
So while reading da kos today and attempting to follow the link to The Daily Show the following message came up: SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS UNAVAILABLE FROM YOUR LOCATION. IN CASE YOU CAN’T GIVE ...
|The view of (Ferguson) from Stonekettle
Or he can see Ferguson from his house...This perspective of the outrage in Ferguson, Mo. is as enjoyably provocative as it is excoriating and deserves to be shared: http://www.stonekettle.com/...
|The StoneKettle take on the House Benghazi report
While the House report already has been worked over, nobody has done it nearly so well as Jim Wright (Stonekettle Station). Here's the link, but should it not work go to www.stonekettle.com for a ...
|Torture, admission, a fantasy…
So the Prez has admitted the reality that we done “tortured some folks.” As one writer makes clear, “torture” is a word of real legal implication. Worse, this acknowledgement is stronger ...
|Can a woman fly an airliner??!—Doocy
With apologies, there really is far too much of significance for this to be sticking in my craw, and I never watch or care what Steve Doocy does or says except when it’s posted here for ridicule. ...
|Herring wins Va. state AG race
Mark Herring just e-mailed that the court has declared him the winner of the state AG race by 900 some votes and that Obenshain has called to congratulate him. It's over! The Dems took all three ...
|An Illness and Reflections on Health Care, the ACA
Having read here and elsewhere of several people suffering chronic pain and illnesses that they are unable to have treated due to lack of health insurance, it seemed appropriate to comment ...
|Warplane video for Memorial Day
|"My Little Gun"
Sometime during First Raygun Nancy said that himself had gifted her with “my little gun.” The remark always amused me and seems especially appropriate for a title.
|World's end nigh with replies
As with everybody else who breathes, I receive a super abundance of financial solicitations advising that the fate of the world will be determined by whether I kick into some org or other some sum ...
|There is NO RIGHT to vote??? “Entitlement???”
Over the years especially recently and only a few days ago here, I’ve heard, seen and paid no attention to the declaration that the Constitution nowhere explicitly creates a right to vote. Enough!
|After glow...or sterner stuff
Another PulicanT pundit just wrote feeling her way in the dark, "We are a center right country...and (the election was) to some degree a rejection." The answer to her anguished "WHY???!!!" is to be ...
|Horses, bayonets, throw weights, ad naus.
Whatever the benefits of Woodrow Wilson’s Navy, comparisons should be especially nuanced as the President attempted to illustrate by reference to aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines of which ...
Many years ago various blogs requested readers to open Facebook pages and “like” the blogs. I did this and otherwise rarely visit it. On occasion however, I’ve learned to my chagrin that ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by shagnaski
- Jon Stewart unleashes on the situation in Baltimore. Jon Stewart came out punching Tuesday night, in defense of the citizens of Baltimore. Full clip and transcript is below the fold.46 comments 137 Recs
- For an Irish TV program On the short clip, Fry is asked by veteran Irish TV presenter Gay Byrne what he would say to God if he died and had to confront him. In his imaginary conversation with God, ...135 comments 88 Recs
- Cut it.274 comments 168 Recs
- At the end of World War II in August 1945, the United States had a total of 15 B-29 strategic bombers capable of delivering nuclear weapons. Today, the US maintains a ready strategic fleet of 76 B-...67 comments 36 Recs
- It’s somewhat amazing really, we as a culture have an entire repertoire of songs dedicated to the “Christmas” season. Heck, multiple cultures have songs only played at this time of year. By ...25 comments 22 Recs
- Good Morning Kossacks and Welcome to Morning Open Thread (MOT) We're known as the MOTley Crew and you can find us here every morning at 7:00 am Eastern (and perhaps sometimes earlier!). Feel free ...38 comments 11 Recs
- Here's a little fun to take your mind off the election. Military slang goes back at least to the ancient Greeks and probably before that even. A Greek Hoplite's spear had a point on the front but ...85 comments 46 Recs
- I have met Tom English in activist meetings in Los Angeles. Great man. And this song he just came up with may make a difference in states like Kansas, Louisiana, Wisconsin and Alaska. We don'...6 comments 15 Recs
- 190 comments 491 Recs
- If you have ever wondered; 1) Why did I/we vote for Obama? 2) Is Obama really as smart as we think/thought he is? 3) Has our domestic politics blinded our president to what is going on in the world?10 comments 19 Recs
- No current results.