Posting History for simple serf
|Elections Have Consequences
We've heard the statement “Elections Have Consequences” from both political parties. The Democrats embraced this mantra in 2008 and 2012, while Republicans shouted it from mountain tops in 2010. ...
Once again I’m hearing CEO’s say that “if they ran their business like the Government, they'd be out of business.” I agree with that statement. The Government is not a business, never has ...
|Social Security: whose piggy bank is it?
I have seen a lot of misleading statements regarding Social Security’s (SS) financial health and future. To help educate myself, I decided to take a journey through the nuts and bolts of the ...
|Nate Silver's data sourcing leaves me speechless
I saw a link the other day to Nate Silvers [538 Bloghttp://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/16/what-is-driving-growth-in-government-spending/#more-38257], the Title was “What Is Driving ...
|First Quarter 2013 CBO numbers show we're still improving, slowly
Did everyone know we are already three months into 2013? Oh sorry, I mean Fiscal Year 2013. For the federal government the FY-13 began on October 1, 2012, and ends on September 30, 2013. Given that ...
|The Sequester is our leverage - and it's automatic
I wanted to do a follow up on military spending with a question… Why is everyone so afraid of cutting defense? We (the US) spend more on Defense than the rest of the world combined. These ...
|Miss Information - not a nice lady
I was poking around twitter tonight and got a rather rude forwarded tweet from The Heritage Foundation regarding some wasteful US food aid programs. The tweet – as seen below—claims major waste ...
|Put defense spending back on the table… and let’s start trimming!
We need to redirect the conversation that will start in Washington tomorrow. It’s not really a conversation, it’s a negotiation. During that negotiation I want to suggest -- no demand -- that ...
|Please, don’t use the "Job Creator" argument again, my head will explode
I don’t want to hear the job creator bull-shizzle anymore. The Republican House is still exhibiting their old habits of protecting the wealthy or so called “Job Creators” Let’s look a bit ...
|US Budget Overview Part II - Let's Get Some Numbers On!
Hello everyone, welcome back! As we continue our journey into the secretive world of federal budgeting. That same federal budget that is available to all in painstaking detail on the internet for ...
|US Budget Overview - Let's Get Some Numbers On!
Let’s take a journey together, a journey of numbers. I love numbers, so much so that I pretty much live in Excel. I thoroughly enjoy calculating and charting data of all types. As part of my (soon ...
|Mitts Comments Can’t Reach His Base
Mitt Romney’s 47% comment further revealed what the deep seated (rarely spoken in public) feelings of the Republican Party really are. I have news for him; in the 47% he speaks of resides a huge ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by simple serf
- Sometimes, I find something and think: the content speaks for itself. More as this goes on...134 comments 376 Recs
- When I lived in Alburquerque, stupid men there thought I was a prostitute. I don't mean to imply that all the men of Alburquerque are stupid but there sure was a bunch of them down there who were. ...61 comments 183 Recs
- One of the reasons Paul Krugman is routinely marginalized by those with the power to do so is that he has a bad (for them) habit of putting into words what 'polite' people do not want to ...332 comments 588 Recs
- Maine Gov. Paul LePage recently falsely stated that horror author Stephen King doesn't live in Maine or pay taxes during a weekly radio address . "Remember who introduced ...219 comments 471 Recs
- I literally (really literally, not Lindsey Graham "literally") gasped at this cartoon from the Salt Lake City Tribune: On a bus ride to hell In one image, the cartoonist Bagley connects two ...90 comments 394 Recs
- A woman had a major problem with the fact that a Planet Fitness gym in Midland, MI, was allowing an identifying transgender woman to change in the woman's locker room. Below is a link to the story ...314 comments 389 Recs
- Reports are flying that the large Chicago Cumulus radio ...208 comments 396 Recs
- UPDATED 2/27/2015 with more memes and a sobering video at the end. Earlier today, when asked about ISIS, presidential hopeful and current Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker said that his response to ...410 comments 586 Recs
- Today on Fox News, House Speaker John Boehner admitted that he concealed his invitation to Israel's Prime Minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, to avoid the President and his staff from "getting in the way."235 comments 433 Recs
- We might as well get used to sights like this for the foreseeable future. San Francisco broke an unfortunate record last month:240 comments 401 Recs
simple serf's Tags
- No current results.