Posting History for slothlax
|Scotland: Vote No
I may be an outsider, but that gives me some perspective. For the love of all that is holy, vote No on independence. The separatists are selling you snake oil. Like red states in America, you send ...
|Some random black dude just gave the State of the Union Address
|Hey America: F#ck you!
Yeah, we know you came together and gave Barack Hussein Obama the largest percentage of the vote since 1988, two elections in a row. We know you just said you want a random liberal northern black ...
|This made me smile
I noticed an obsolete tab as I was going through a filing cabinet at my Army reserve unit today: The folder was empty. Progress is a beautiful thing. Thanks boss.
|AWB as a bargaining chip
Barack Obama should offer up the federal assault weapons ban in favor of closing the gun show loophole and better regulation of the interstate gun trade.
|2014: Lay of the land in the House
Using the New York Times election map, I created a list of House seats where the winner received less than 60% of the vote and the loser received more than 40%. I began my task with the idea that ...
|2016: Dukakis leads the way
I went to one of my favorite sites, 270towin.com, and looked at the elections from 1988 to 2012 to see what the battleground map looks like historically. Follow me to orange infinity and beyond!
|I didn't realize I am the health care problem
Because it seems like I'm the one asked to pay for it. From what I can tell, the health care mandate means I have to start buying health insurance. This is why I vote for Democrats? So my monthly ...
|Canada's Liberals adopt pot legalization
Saw this story just now at ...
|The Bush tax cuts were temporary
That's how they were sold to the American people and that's how the CBO scored them at the time. Why are we not highlighting that?
|My experience with Daily Kos in Iraq
Five years ago this month, the soldiers, sailors, and airmen that comprised the 403rd Civil Affairs Battalion (your truly included) piled onto a chartered aircraft and embarked for a tour in Iraq. ...
|Egypt Repubs taking power! omg!
I have not been following the minute to minute details of the Egyptian uprising, but I am thinking about it a lot, both in global political terms and domestic political terms.
|Obama "loses" campus vote?
Sorry if this isn't a particularly long or well researched diary, but a thought just came to me that I haven't heard voiced over the last week or so.
|BREAKING: Court tells military to prove gays are bad
Don't have a lot of information, but MSNBC just reported that a decision came down against the policy of dismissing military personnel simply because they are gay. Here's ...
|So moderate Muslims are pussys, eh?
I know Benazir Bhutto's assassination has been covered here extensively, but I would like to add my two cents. A frequent cry from conservatives is "Where are the moderate Muslim voices? Why aren'...
|Alright HRC fans, win over this voter
I want to give Hillary backers the chance to make their case. I've seen a lot of horse race stuff, campaign tactics stuff, but very little about what Hillary has actually accomplished in her career.
|Minorities and the GOP
I've thought about this before, but for some reason it has resurfaced in my mind recently. For all the contemptible ways this Administration has behaved over the years, the diversity of the Cabinet ...
|America is way better than Iraq, trust me
So I spent a year in Iraq, during which I read, posted, or diaried on DailyKos several times a week, if not several times a day, depending on my work schedule. I took a month off when I got home ...
|Cleaning up Iraqis' shit: An analogy
As one comes to expect in the army, the day I anticipated was not the day I experienced yesterday. To begin with, I showed up for duty an hour late because, unbeknownst to me, we had "sprung forward"
Most army folks don't have to cook their own meals. There's army cooks or a mess hall to take care of that wherever you go. But now I'm living away from the base and the enormous chow hall, with ...
|Tribute to a fallen hero
Captain Brian Freeman was not your stereotypical military hero. He didn't sigle handedly destroy a rifle platoon while saving three comrades' lives and losing his left leg and right arm. He will ...
|Breaking-KDP Mosul headquarters attacked
The KDP, the biggest Iraqi Kurdish political party, just had its Mosul headquarters bombed today. At least four killed and 26 ...
|The army takes a step forward, is it enough?
While there have been many obvious problems with the Iraq campaign thus far, as any observer of this site has known for quite some time, is the effort doomed to failure? Is there nothing the ...
|Spitzer-Leading by example
There was a Spitzer diary already, but it was just a cut and paste of the link in the intro (no body). So I will try and give a little bit more here.
|DKos is NOT banned in the military
I don't know who started the urban legend, but I see almost it everytime I or another service member posts here. Someone will say "I thought Daily Kos was censored on military computers." Well, ...
|NY-25 Shoutout to Dan||slothlax||11/08/2006||13||5||-||3|
|Good luck today||slothlax||11/07/2006||9||3||-||2|
|Read this Iraq story||slothlax||10/29/2006||10||5||1||3|
|Why the media is wrong on Iraq||slothlax||10/18/2006||36||8||-||2|
|Don't forget Bagram||slothlax||10/05/2006||15||7||-||3|
|Tribalism and socialism in Iraq||slothlax||08/31/2006||32||15||2||147|
|Democrats and violence||slothlax||08/11/2006||21||6||-||-|
|One soldier's typical day||slothlax||07/28/2006||12||19||-||73|
|Hello from the sandbox||slothlax||06/23/2006||461||298||9||163|
|So long shithead||slothlax||06/08/2006||47||15||1||10|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by slothlax
- 150 years ago, on April 9, 1865, Robert E. Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia to Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox, Virginia. This date is typically cited as the end of the Civil War, ...21 comments 11 Recs
- The New York Times reports this morning that NY City Comptroller Scott Stringer is charging Wall Street with savaging the city's pension fund returns through a system of fees that drained profits ...16 comments 36 Recs
- Although a genetic democrat, after a few years of living in MA, I opted to ‘un-enroll’- my reasons for doing that could easily be the subject of another diary. The point of this diary, for ...6 comments 7 Recs
- We all give crap to people like Chris Matthews and Chuck Todd for journalistic failures on MSNBC, but tonight, some stunning clarity that Democrats of all stripes would be wise to heed.254 comments 492 Recs
- Update, the #'s/Victory photos/Students lined up and voting in the now famous Plemmons Student Union4:51 PM PT : According to the Watauga County Elections Director, more than 700 people voted at the Plemmons Student Union on the campus of ASU today, the largest turnout of all the early sites: ...74 comments 263 Recs
- The recent incident involving actress Danielle Watts is not an isolated incident of black women being assumed to be prostitutes. If you're unfamiliar with that story you can read more here . I ...211 comments 348 Recs
- With some areas still counting, including Edinburgh, it is clear that the No campaign has won. Results have come in from 25 out of 32 local government administrative areas. The totals so far are ...355 comments 98 Recs
- Since my hard drive crashed and I'm still in the early stages of rebuilding my data, I decided it was time to take a look at some demographics and other data and to see if we can understand the ...21 comments 63 Recs
- In 1877, the biggest labor revolt in US history, known today as "The Great Strike" or "The Great Upheaval", began in West Virginia and spread across the entire country. Within weeks, state and ...24 comments 28 Recs
- I couldn't believe my ears a half hour ago. I'd promised one of the fine members of the up and coming generation a bribe to go to her piano lesson involving fries and a chicken sandwich from the ...71 comments 157 Recs
- No current results.