Below you'll find recent contributions related to smoothnmellow's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Black Kos, Tuesday Chile
(Some) white folks haven't changed in over 40 years.* (Image courtesy of The Center of the Study of Political Graphics. Cartoonist is possibly Emory Douglas, former Minister of Culture for the Black ...
|The Three Black Cops Who Killed Freddie Gray are Slave Drivers in the Age of Obama
The officers who killed Freddie Gray have finally been formally charged with murder and manslaughter. Three of the six officers are African-American. ...
|Police at Station with #FreddieGray's Limp Body: "We gave him a run for his money"
Now that charges have been filed in the Police Murder of Freddie Gray we've begun to hear the excuses and counter claims that the Prosecutor " Overcharged ", was "Politically Motivated" in ...
|Frank Vyan Walton||05/04/2015||215|
|Anti-Muslim Activist Pamela Geller: Obama is The Love Child of Malcolm X
Two men have been shot dead after opening fire outside of an exhibit of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad in Garland, Texas. The exhibit was being held in the Curtis Culwell Center, where the ...
|Tel Aviv looked like Baltimore today
CNNI was covering in detail racial protests turned violent in Tel Aviv Israel today. While the first video I found of it was from April 30th, the protests continue today in Tel Aviv. The protests ...
|The most racist areas in the United States
Colors changed so the map can be seen by all. Original is below the fold. Click ...
|'Sir, are you injured anywhere?' vs. 'F*ck your breath.' Only one kind of approach provokes riots
No snarky comment here. Not for this image. 'Why?' It's the most useful one word sentence in the English language. It's how we begin the search for causes, for understanding, for truth. We have to ...
|Voices of May Day: How Emma Goldman, at Age 18, Became an Activist
Haymarket Tragedy Note: This is not presented as a general overview of May Day history and the Haymarket Martyrs. For a general overview, please ...
|4 ShelterBoxes and 525 towards 5th and Matching funds still not exhausted!
There are still matching funds available!!!!! Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Can print the donation form here https://35409.thankyou4caring....
|On 'riots' and roots
Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/03/2015||188|
|R.I.P. A Garden Grew in Oakland Today.
Oscar Grant Plaza filled Saturday afternoon with a couple hundred people come to the first #BlackSpring event in Oakland. The organizers came up with a great idea, an its already spread across the ...
|WYFP: My Ben Affleck Problem
Good evening, Kossacks, and welcome to WYFP. First, here is a word from our sponsors: WYFP is our community's Saturday evening gathering to talk about our problems, empathize with one another, and ...
|blue jersey mom||05/02/2015||148|
|Community Quilt for Otteray Scribe's Daughter, CelticLassie URGENT
TrueBlueMajority's quilt It breaks my heart that this quilt is needed -- yet it is needed, urgently. UPDATE: The situation is dire. CelticLassie's brother and sister-in-law are on their way. ...
|Derby Day Party and Fundraiser for elenacarlena
I am joining [Most Awesome Nana http://www.dailykos.com/user/Most%20Awesome%20Nana] and several others in the [Community Fundraisers http://www.dailykos.com/user/Community%20Fundraisers] ...
|Most Awesome Nana||05/02/2015||180|
|Megyn Kelly Starts Ball Rolling On Smearing Freddie Gray
Early in the Ferguson case, Megyn Kelly conducted an interview with an ‘anonymous source’ who claimed that Michael Brown had severely beaten Darren Wilson to the point the latter required ...
|Shocking Facts for Anti-Blacks
Has anyone visited the comment section of an MSN news story, which involved police brutality of blacks, or just blacks? If you have, you probably noticed an ill feeling in your gut as you read the ...
|Officers Charged in Gray Case Get Lower Bail Than Rioters
The Baltimore Sun is reporting that all six officers in the Freddie Gray case are out on bail. All six police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray were released from the Central Booking ...
|Nigerian Army Rescues 234 More Girls Today, Bringing Week's Total to 677
(photo credit: Stephen Melkisethian ) From AP via The Huffington Post : LAGOS, Nigeria — Nigeria's ...
|Baltimore Prosecutor Mosby: Not Holding Bad Cops Accountable is a Disservice to Good Cops
After issuing Murder Indictments against the Officers who Killed Freddie Gray just 24 hrs after receiving the case from the Baltimore PD , when talking to CNN's Don Lemon, yeah Don Lemon, Maryland ...
|Frank Vyan Walton||05/01/2015||76|
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 John P. Parker (1827 – February 4, 1900) was an African-American abolitionist, inventor, iron moulder and ...
|Geert Wilders. An ill wind blowin' to Texas
Geert Wilders, heads the far-right Party for Freedom (PVV) in The Netherlands At the invitation of Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas), and Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), one of the most divisive bigots in ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/01/2015||65|
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile
How much longer? Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez I'm not even sure why I am asking this question, except right now I'm tired. Saw ...
|Now they just kill us one by one
Cartoon decrying the Hamburg massacre of July 1876 As people raise a hue and cry, for a media minute, about yet another police murder of an unarmed black man—this time Walter Scott ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||04/26/2015||298|
|President Obama's Anger Translator Not Needed For Climate Change
from 2015 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner: You won't wanna miss this! full video here Full transcript ...
|Patriot Daily News Clearinghouse||04/25/2015||103|
|Human Rights activist Sabeen Mehmud assassinated in Pakistan
A leading Pakistani human rights activist has been killed in a drive-by shooting in Karachi after hosting a talk on allegations of torture in the province of Balochistan. Sabeen Mehmud was shot ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||04/25/2015||45|
|Black Kos, Week In Review
It is such a shame Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar Ben Affleck was mortified to find out that he had at least one slave-owning ancestor. So humiliated, in fact, that he asked Professor ...
Recommended by smoothnmellow
- (Some) white folks haven't changed in over 40 years.* (Image courtesy of The Center of the Study of Political Graphics. Cartoonist is possibly Emory Douglas, former Minister of Culture for the Black ...115 comments 84 Recs
- Which is it? Atlanta . This is a problem. Day in and day out, in every major city across America, police officers are driving in from out ...64 comments 56 Recs
- Police pull up suddenly on some young black men. One of them runs. A cops gives chase. "Shots fired." One more dead. "I feared for my life." This is a script that is running on loopback in cities ...47 comments 57 Recs
- Fox News made a major oops on Monday afternoon, and not of the usual Fox News kind. This wasn't a partisan lie about Obamacare or anything like that. No, a Fox ...49 comments 28 Recs
- One thing you can say about Texas, their nutty Tea-baggers can always surprise the hell out of you. Just when you thought it would be impossible for a Texas Governor to come along and make Rick ...158 comments 146 Recs
- Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...188 comments 170 Recs
- is the title of this short piece by Eugene Robinson in the Post Partisan section of the Washington Post . Robinson reminds us that the entire incident reeks of racial bias. Gray was on a street ...83 comments 218 Recs
- The Baltimore Sun made the following claim about the riots on Monday: The incident stemmed from a flier that circulated widely among city school students via social media about a “purge” to ...102 comments 164 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.