Below you'll find recent contributions related to thereisnospoon's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Open thread for night owls: How Georgia arms the nation's cop-killers
In the last six months, three NYPD officers have been killed using handguns obtained from ...
|America's Dumbest Congressman weighs in on 'Jade Helm'
America's Dumbest Congressman, also known as Texas Rep. ...
|Meet young Mike Huckabee, who looks a lot like the current version
Now that once-politician and current TV and radio show ...
|Meet the Jade Helm conspiracy theory: The federal government's plot to invade Texas
The sign behind him was supposed to say IDIOT, but nobody could spell it. The supposed _Jade Helm 15_ conspiracy may be the single stupidest thing to come out of Texas in 20 years, and for a state ...
|Rand Paul really 'gets' the problems faced by minority groups
Of all the Republican presidential candidates, Rand Paul really _gets_ where black Americans are coming from. That's what Rand Paul says, anyway. He understands what black American men are facing ...
|Ben Carson gets a passing grade because the audience seemed to like him
And here's your trophy for showing up.
|Didn't get indicted? That's good news for Chris Christie
You know the standards for a political party have fallen considerably when indictments against some of a governor's top staffers and appointees for crooked doings is ...
|The reason Ben Carson can't win? Ben Carson
It has been clear for some time now that would-be ...
|Scott Walker celebrates Star Wars Day by being creepy on the internet
I have seen many attempts at political self-promotion over the years, but this may be the first time a presidential candidate's ...
|Soon your job will be replaced by an algorithm
The other day I happened to be on a train seated next to a manager from UBER - the mobile-app car ride network. He boasted to me that his company was now the most valuable transportation company on ...
|Dawn Chorus - Gull ID for fun and profit.
Okay, actually, no profit to be made from gull ID as far as I know. But if it's possible to tilt the meter from pure aggravation toward fun, that would be something. I've been trying to work on ...
|Rand Paul's advisers explain to him why joking about riots might be bad
And just think, it's only April. Of 2015.
|Mike Huckabee: Supreme Court 'cannot overrule God'
American Taliban It's the ...
|Ted Cruz says Barack Obama has 'inflamed racial tensions'
Makes Sarah Palin look like an intellectual.
|Texas Republican ties gay marriage to Baltimore riots
Oh no, the horror. And so on.
|Clean-up, curfew and more from Baltimore||Hunter||04/28/2015||22|
|Rand Paul passed through Baltimore: 'I'm glad the train didn't stop'
Oh, he's so funny . Presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) weighed in on the turmoil in Baltimore on Tuesday,
|Sen. Ted Cruz: 'Liberal fascism' is going after American Christians
I really have nothing to say here. The ...
|Rand Paul says overthrowing Hussein was a 'mistake'
I really wonder whether the Republican base can ...
|Religious 'leaders' demand liberal justices recuse themselves from marriage equality case
No. Only Thomas and Scalia may decide gay marriage cases. Thus sayeth the empty cardboard boxes. I see that conservative activists will be satirizing themselves this week. Well, it ...
|Republicans fretting over 'GOP demolition-derby circular firing squad' like it's a bad thing
Good luck with that. Republicans are already _extremely alarmed_ at how their presidential primaries ...
|Open thread for night owls: Militia movement finds new 'patriot' to defend
A mine owner in Oregon ...
|Dawn Chorus - Bolinas Springtime (this time)
Spring is sprung, the grass is riz - I wonder where the birdies iz? Bolinaz!
|Allen West: Football players are getting injured because you don't pray enough
Allen West was at one point a genuine congressman from ...
|Michele Bachmann says the Rapture is coming: 'Rejoice'
Looks like the Apocalypse to me.
|Ted Cruz says Obama is an 'unmitigated socialist' who is 'profoundly dangerous,' and so forth
'Oh spirit of Reagan, I summon thee and bind thee to my will.' Ted Cruz, the ...
|Open thread for night owls: 'No evidence' climate change will be 'catastrophic', opines Charles Koch
A rising tide will lift my yacht.
|After entering relationship with lobbyist, Rep. Bill Shuster pushed for one of firm's key priorities
Suit, flag, and original thoughts paid for by Airlines For America. Please have them back by Thursday. The news that House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee chairman Rep. Bill Shuster (R-...
|Mike Huckabee: America 'moving rapidly towards the criminalization of Christianity'
Going for the spittle-flecked piece of crap vote. One wonders at how these ...
|A lonely Bobby Jindal writes op-ed praising himself for how great he is
Nobody cares. I see Louisiana governor and ex-somebody Bobby Jindal is still taking to the op-ed pages in a desperate attempt to convince his Republican party to pay attention to him. His latest ...
Recommended by thereisnospoon
- I realize there's virtually nothing that can be done to prevent the upcoming pie fights regarding Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. Despite the fact that the comments consisting of "Bernie can't ...167 comments 103 Recs
- This is not an easy diary to write. I've considered myself liberal since I was young. My views on the world aligned (and still do) with thoughts we consider classically liberal. I believe in free ...1081 comments 241 Recs
- In Vermont, an eighth-grade girl who was studying Latin wrote a letter to the Minority Leader of the Vermont Senate suggesting that Vermont should have a Latin motto, in addition to -- but not ...354 comments 407 Recs
- Hi folks, I am writing this at Dulles Airport, and I've just come from Cedwyn's parents house, which is where she's staying. Her parents are wonderful and they are giving her the best possible care ...165 comments 529 Recs
- "I was hoping to speak with someone at Climate Hawks Vote," reads the email from a staffer for a Democratic member of Congress. A handful of tweets can catch the attention of Congress, reports a ...26 comments 51 Recs
- This is the tale of a fiend, a true murdering devil. Not only did he ruthlessly kill Michael "Mike" McClelland, 63, the the Prosecutor of Kaufmann County and his wife Cynthia, 65, but also the ...231 comments 737 Recs
- Senator Harkin insists the votes were there for Single Payor or a Public Option in 2009. This diary reviews his comments, but makes no attempt to evaluate their integrity. Unsurprisingly, those ...387 comments 90 Recs
- I find the MiG-25 interesting because it's the perfect example of Cold War intelligence gone wrong. In short, the Soviets built a plane to counter a plane that we never built. We in turn completely ...126 comments 136 Recs
- The final tally for Climate Hawks Vote in 2014: we endorsed in 17 elections, including 3 primaries and 14 general election races; we won 11 and lost 6. No matter what, I'm proud of all of our ...15 comments 35 Recs
- Climate Hawks Vote launched in June 2014 with the goal of electing candidates who grasp the magnitude of the climate crisis. The fall 2014 elections would be our first test of an explicitly ...5 comments 32 Recs
- No current results.