tim wise's groups.
RaceGender DiscrimiNATION is a group focused on the historical and contemporary issues of prejudice, discrimination and hate based on race and gender as well as the intersection of race and gender. We will discuss the impacts on our rights to equality and fundamental human rights and freedoms in all aspects of our lives, including political, social, cultural, educational, personal and economic. This group's membership is at capacity. If that changes, group founders will send out invitations on ...
|Southern Liberal Living DK Version
Working to rebuild the South into a bastion of liberalism. It takes great courage to be a Democrat in the South. This group is focused on building better Southern Democrats, protecting our environment, food, gardening, antiques, music, travel, pets and books. Sort of like the magazine but with a left-leaning, GOP bashing, liberal bent to it. Welcome, come on in and sit a spell.
|Support the Dream Defenders
The Dream Defenders are fighting for justice in Florida. Their goal: To enact Trayvon's Law in Florida, which would repeal the Stand Your Ground law, ban racial profiling, and end the school-to-prison pipeline. We are a Daily Kos community with a goal: To promote and support those objectives, online and off. Current project: Improving and promoting the Michael Brown Over-Policed Rights Act, a Daily Kos community crowd-sourced project.
|Three Star Kossacks
Kossacks in the fine tradition of Cordell Hull, Estes Kefauver, Al Gore (Senior and Jr.) Ned Ray McWherter and more.
|White Privilege Working Group
A group for anti-racist activists interested in discussing and producing learning materials about white privilege.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by tim wise
- "You have to be carefully taught....." Readers of my age will recognize the lyrics from South Pacific that I was reminded of yesterday walking our dog near a little league game that was about to ...26 comments 24 Recs
- Several years ago, I received a crash course in privilege. I took a taxi to the airport. It was 3:30 in the morning on a Thursday in November. It was my first real job, and I was wearing a brand-...178 comments 461 Recs
- Have you ever said or heard people say that conservatives are stupid? Here’s a few comments I’ve seen over the past few weeks: “In short, they’re screwy.” “This is a big reason the ...169 comments 108 Recs
- Senator Mary Landrieu is likely about to lose her powerful political job in a crushing defeat. Because of how the Senator operated while she was in a position to do that important job. Not ...361 comments 372 Recs
- Because people "speak their mind." that's actually a POV of some kossacks, old and new. they actually think the (VERY FEW) black people on this site, and those people who sympathize with us... ARE ...1458 comments 323 Recs
- In a country that considers itself endlessly exceptional, and has throughout its history, it really shouldn’t shock anyone that this sense of entitlement can bleed through your pores without you ...89 comments 52 Recs
- White supremacy ...209 comments 353 Recs
- Two unarmed black men, Michael Brown and John Crawford , have been gunned down by police in a matter of days, tragedies which have once again ...106 comments 222 Recs
- Not everything that happens in the world is Racial. It really isn't. Some things happen just because - well they did and they do. However there are times you really have to question things, you ...324 comments 614 Recs
- This guy. John Huppenthal. An elected Republican official, currently running for re-election in Arizona. What's worse than his just being a garden-variety bigot is that he is the Arizona ...179 comments 139 Recs
tim wise's Tags
- No current results.