Eclectic humanist. I take wisdom where I find it.
Closet linguist, amateur anthropologist, armchair philosopher, and consummate ignorant bystander.
Diaries published: 1 (2527 days since last diary on Sun Jun 01, 2008 at 02:41 PM PDT)
Comments posted: 144 (1740 days since last comment on Wed Jul 28, 2010 at 08:07 AM PDT)
Diary frequency: seldom
Comment frequency: often
Total Recommends: 18
Total Comment Ratings: 387
Most Recommended Diary: Legacy, 6 comments, 18 recommends
People Following budr: 1
budr's Most Recent Diaries:
Recommended by budr
- Like most railroads, high-speed rail (HSR) is a long-term investment, but it tends to make a profit. Even badly managed projects work out eventually. To deny this, anti-rail propagandists (the (...25 comments 32 Recs
- This is my first diary. Let me be very clear at the outset. I am a 72 year old atheist of Jewish ancestry. My political leanings are strongly left, a progressive socialist. I have been reading ...40 comments 42 Recs
- In northeastern Kentucky, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, and western West Virginia, the culture which archaeologists call Fort Ancient flourished from 1000 CE to 1700 CE. Some archaeologists feel ...14 comments 55 Recs
- Birth, life, and death is an endless cycle, both for sentient beings and for phenomena. A human might live a century, an empire seldom makes it for three, and geological ages a hundred times ...107 comments 47 Recs
- Well, Holy Crap! It looks as though there are a lot more conservative readers here at the Great Orange Satan than I thought. In twice in the last month I have been singled out by the Newsbusters ...43 comments 76 Recs
- Dear Mr. President, For Muslims living in America, Ramadan begins tonight at sunset. I've observed the month-long fast before, but it has been several years. I've decided to do so again this year ...16 comments 14 Recs
- I caught a link to this on Alternet a minute ago: http://blogs.alternet.org/oleoleolson/2010/08/05/massive-censorship-of-digg-uncovered/ The "Digg Patriots" Alternet:have just been ...10 comments 9 Recs
- What always stuns me is that for hundreds of years while my European ancestors were not the most "civilized" folks in the world, Muslims were advancing science, math, and freedom of religion. Here ...15 comments 29 Recs
- “I want my country back!” shouts the lady at a Town Hall meeting about Health Care Reform. She is obviously distraught, and sincere in her feelings. She is not alone; we have seen this ...409 comments 390 Recs
- For 20 years environmentalists have operated on the notion that we’d get action if we simply had scientists explain to politicians and CEOs that our current ways were ending the Holocene, the ...22 comments 66 Recs
- No current results.