I live in Alaska, there are a lot of rednecks, mullets, and snowflakes here.
Comments posted: 552 (672 days since last comment on Thu Jul 04, 2013 at 11:11 AM PDT)
Diary frequency: never
Comment frequency: frequent
Total Recommends: 0
Total Comment Ratings: 741
People Following aklib: 0
aklib's Most Recent Diaries:
|This user has not yet authored any diaries.|
Recommended by aklib
- Nate Silver is getting hammered by the right for daring to use math-based math rather than faith-based math. In his defense, I thought it might not hurt to take a quick review, for non-math types, ...187 comments 272 Recs
- Last weekend was the opening of the new street car route in Portland, Oregon. I rode the whole new route with Mrs. Peril. The new route runs north from approximately the Oregon Museum of Science ...115 comments 77 Recs
- As Rolandz notes, Nate Silver has had some steadily encouraging numbers for Obama: his current forecast for Nov. 6, up even from yesterday, is a 73.1% chance of winning, and a healthy 305.5 ...106 comments 257 Recs
- An atheist meditation on our seemingly natural pull towards religious thinking.53 comments 29 Recs
- One thing I've found after seeing numerous contradictory youtube videos against "liberals" is that Chomsky's hypothesis that the Tea Party (and the right-wing movement generally) is really an anti-...96 comments 110 Recs
- I found this paragraph in an NPR article very helpful: Roberts said that the government, using its taxing power, could require people to have insurance or pay a penalty. True, he acknowledged, ...172 comments 33 Recs
- Call me "Old Fashioned", many do, but I used to believe that journalists at least paid lip-service to the stories they commented on, before opening their mouths and ...73 comments 81 Recs
- Adam Zyglis via politicalcartoons.com Hey, did you hear about the Bloomberg poll that had Obama up by 13 ( Obama Leads in ...142 comments 37 Recs
- Polling in the 2008 Presidential general election worked really well, at a time when the whole nation was paying attention. Polling averages correctly predicted the winner of every state except ...10 comments 12 Recs
- The most important election of the year isn’t taking place on Nov 6, 2012. It's taking place this Sunday, in a broken nation thousands of miles away. It's being undertaken by a frightened and ...291 comments 374 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.