San Francisco Bay Area resident, small business owner. Interested in the usual issues, especially civil liberties (it's a bookstore that I own!) and health care. No pets. No kids. Lots of books and friends.
Comments posted: 394 (1502 days since last comment on Fri Mar 25, 2011 at 10:10 AM PDT)
Diary frequency: never
Comment frequency: frequent
Total Recommends: 0
Total Comment Ratings: 520
People Following Makeda: 1
Makeda's Most Recent Diaries:
|This user has not yet authored any diaries.|
Recommended by Makeda
- It's me. I'm here in the Democratic base. It's been a little testy between your people and my people lately, and I'm concerned that things might get out of hand. Worse, I worry that you don't ...806 comments 825 Recs
- There seems to be this band called Glass House from Oakland, CA. I wish I had more background on them than just that, but I guess that's what why we have comments. Anyway: They made this ...8 comments 8 Recs
- With the truly odious decision upholding Proposition 8, three things are now very clear: 1. California no longer recognizes equal rights. 2. California's constitution is totally broken. 3. It is ...299 comments 440 Recs
- This past Monday, my volunteers and I were privileged to take part in an event that perhaps best symbolizes why voter registration matters so much, and what’s at stake in this coming election. ...119 comments 279 Recs
- This Diary is Expired. Please Unrecommend and go to Liveblog Mothership 3 and recommend.176 comments 1260 Recs
- Please Recommend this diary. Please limit comments in this diary. We need to keep it easy for dial-up users to open. Go to the current Child Diary for commentary. ...256 comments 1165 Recs
- “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”8 comments 22 Recs
- Devilstower recently posted an interesting article about the decline in membership of the Southern Baptist Convention ( God ...300 comments 498 Recs
- For a good chunk of my 26 year Air Force career, I was directly involved in surveillance programs for the National Security Agency (NSA). For decades, these programs have played a crucial role ...107 comments 271 Recs
- I know you're skeptical... but I have proof . President Bush yesterday signed legislation into law ...54 comments 25 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.