Group founded by KelleyRN2
KosAbility is a Sunday 7pm eastkost/4pm leftkost volunteer diarist community of, by & for people living with disabilities, who love someone with a disability, or who want to know more about the issues.
Our use of "disability" includes temporary as well as permanent health/medical conditions, from small, gnawing problems to major, life-threatening ones. Our use of "love someone" extends to cherished members of other species. Our discussions are open threads in the context of this community. Feel free to comment on the diary topic, ask questions of the diarist or generally to everyone, share something you've learned, tell bad jokes, post photos, or rage about your situation. Our only rule is to be kind; trolls will be spayed or neutered. If you are interested in contributing a diary, contact series coordinator postmodernista.
- May 3 - Besame will be discussing her experience with at least one app used to track chronic illnesses Also, May is NEID - neuro-endocrine-immune disorders/diseases awareness month. NEID includes CFS/3 comments 8 Recs
- A short introduction and then deeper into subject of making changes in your home and work environment. I have 30 + year history of providing and coordinating care for various elderly relatives. In ...66 comments 22 Recs
- April 26 Modifications to Home and Work Settings - studentofearth May 3 - Collaborative open thread, Besame and others May is NEID - neuro-endocrine-immune disorders/diseases awareness month. NEID ...1 comments 2 Recs
- Making others feel good about themselves is my superpower. I don’t do it consciously - it’s more of a part of who and what I am. I’m Larime Taylor, and I was born with Arthrogryposis, a ...5 comments 10 Recs
- I grew up with the same belief as most, that psychophysiologic [better known as psychosomatic] disorders were "all in your head." I didn't learn better until my 2nd year of nursing school, so it ...49 comments 22 Recs
- APRIL is U.S. Sexual Assault Awareness Month (see also Panayiota Bertzikis's March 29 diary , the DK House of LIGHTS group, last April'...1 comments 4 Recs
- Because of a programming glitch this diary published the evening of April 4th rather than Sunday April 12th like it should. This is the regular scheduled KosAbility diary. Caregiving by its very ...24 comments 26 Recs
- Note: tags on Upcoming Schedules replicate tags of scheduled diaries. DK has probably only one over-worked Tag Librarian currently active , so taggers please be careful to capitalize every ...5 comments 4 Recs
- Adapted from Medscape Medical News - ACA at 5 Years: 25 Numbers to Know - Robert Lowes - March 30, 2015 with source citations - figures may vary from those published by other sources. (See intro to ...2 comments 13 Recs
- Howdy, y'all! As usual, our 1st Sunday of the month is casual and silly conversation, chitchat, and generally unserious stuff. Lurkers might want to de-lurk, say hi, and allow us to greet them. We ...28 comments 7 Recs