Brown Thrasher's Profile
Roughly 12 in. in length. Rufous on top, dark streaks below, curved bill, yellow eyes. Calls can combine any of 2000 distinct musical phrases.
Real Name: Toxostoma rufum
Gender: The sexes have identical markings.
Location: Ranges across eastern North America.
Occupation: Territorial. Often reclusive. Forages near shrubs on the edges of woods, typically by turning over leaves or digging.
Groups: Louisiana Kossacks, Cranky Users, Readers and Book Lovers, PWB Peeps, An Ear for Music, The Amateur Left, Trolls, TexKos-Messing with Texas with Nothing but Love for Texans, Protest Music, Progressive Friends of the Library Newsletter, DKOMA, Daily Kos Gamers, Political Language and Messaging, Logic and Rhetoric at Daily Kos, New Orleans Nation
Hobbies: Enjoys hard corn kernals, black-oil sunflower seeds, & backyard water elements.
Diaries published: 42 (12 days since last diary on Tue Apr 21, 2015 at 08:33 PM PDT)
Comments posted: 5566 (2 days since last comment on Fri May 01, 2015 at 08:34 PM PDT)
Diary frequency: often
Comment frequency: frequent
Total Recommends: 1437
Total Comment Ratings: 668
Most Recommended Diary: Bundle or Nothing: Big Telecoms ENDING Universal Phone Service, 306 comments, 340 recommends
People Following Brown Thrasher: 83
Brown Thrasher's Most Frequent Tags:
Brown Thrasher's Most Recent Diaries:
At the end of Rachel Maddow's discussion about President Obama's interview with Chris Matthews, she announced that the House was going to have its vote on Fast Track *tomorrow.* This is the first I'...by Brown Thrasher
8 comments on Tue Apr 21, 2015 at 08:33 PM PDT with 40 Recommends
Here we go again — AGAIN. Back for another round after repeated pummelings, the latest incarnation of this hideous, privacy-destroying give-away to the NSA has lurched its way out of committee, ...by Brown Thrasher
2 comments on Wed Jul 16, 2014 at 07:37 PM PDT with 10 Recommends
A new wave of CISPA look-alike bills are now making their way through the House Intelligence Committee. Besides a literal new CISPA by Mike Rogers & Dutch Ruppersberger themselves (apparently called "by Brown Thrasher
3 comments on Tue May 06, 2014 at 05:57 PM PDT with 6 Recommends
Amid all of the loudly-trumpeted political news of the day, don't feel too bad if you haven't heard about this one yet — Mike Rogers has gone out of his way to sneak CISPA onto the floor as ...by Brown Thrasher
3 comments on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 08:00 PM PDT with 34 Recommends
For those who have not heard of the case of _Kirtsaeng v. Wiley,_ the legal dispute boils down to whether Americans truly _own_ what they _buy._ Specifically, Sudap Kirtsaeng legally bought Wiley & ...by Brown Thrasher
17 comments on Tue Mar 19, 2013 at 07:09 PM PDT with 24 Recommends
Right on the heels of the State of the Union address, Mike Rogers (R-Thought Police) will be *re-introducing CISPA* — yes, that's right, the *very same* unnecessary, dangerous, privacy-busting Blow-by Brown Thrasher
3 comments on Tue Feb 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM PST with 16 Recommends
Recommended by Brown Thrasher
- He says he is serious. If he IS serious, then he has to differentiate himself from Hillary, which is simple because there are miles of daylight between them on virtually every aspect of the economy, ...142 comments 40 Recs
- I am 100% in for Bernie Sanders' campaign for the Democratic Party nomination, and for president. For the longest time, Bernie Sanders has represented my viewpoint on policy and my viewpoint on good ...272 comments 237 Recs
- Most of the critical attention given to the Fast Track Trade Agreement legislation and to the associated Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Congressional – Executive Agreement on mainstream corporate ...6 comments 7 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 58 Recs
- TPM has someone in the courthouse in Newark relaying the events. Link if you want the news straight from them. The headline item: David Wildstein is pleading guilty to and factual claims he is ...142 comments 288 Recs
- Thanks to reporters Mark Puente & Wesley Lowery for the screen shot: The official list of charges against the 6 officers (not 1, not 2, not 3...*six*) is out:326 comments 415 Recs
- Hat tip to Gaius Publius over at Digby's Place for posting about this. Alan Grayson has a video that must be seen. In 9 minutes, Grayson blows away all the BS about the 'Free Trade" benefits. GP ...26 comments 37 Recs
- John Boehner knows the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal is a Republican deal through-and-through, not one that Democrats should want to see passed. Why can't President Obama see it? WASHINGTON (...40 comments 28 Recs
- The polls open UK wide in one week. But the most interesting part of the election is happening in Scotland. Here's a map of Scotland in 2010 along with the most recent Polling projections for ...359 comments 123 Recs
- Max Blumenthal doesn't understand Remember immediately after 9/11 when Le Monde ran the headline "We Are All Americans"? Imagine in the days after if people around the world were rallying around ...279 comments 110 Recs
Brown Thrasher's Tags
- No current results.
Brown Thrasher's Blogroll
- No current results.