Historian, scholar, and teacher, specializing in African Studies.
Comments posted: 524 (1020 days since last comment on Mon Jul 16, 2012 at 09:55 PM PDT)
Diary frequency: never
Comment frequency: frequent
Total Recommends: 0
Total Comment Ratings: 1063
People Following Historicus: 3
Historicus's Most Recent Diaries:
|This user has not yet authored any diaries.|
Recommended by Historicus
- Since the year 1327, the Djingareiber mosque has stood in Timbuktu, Mali. Made of earth, straw and fibre, it has stood the test of time and temperature, and provides a worship space for over 2,...216 comments 161 Recs
- Proving that making a political point is more important to Republicans than anything else, including saving potentially millions of lives, an increasing number of Republican governors are announcing ...109 comments 88 Recs
- This is why: State Senate - District 21 - Special General 60 of 60 Precincts Reporting - 100% Name Party Votes Vote % Lehman, John Dem 36,255 51% Wanggaard, Van (i) GOP 35,476 49% What ...417 comments 631 Recs
- IMPORTANT: If you are or can be involved in any way with GOTV efforts in Wisconsin, do not get involved in this project. I do not expect to find any "smoking guns" in this email dump, but one never ...144 comments 508 Recs
- Given radioactive wastewater , earthquakes , and flammable tap water , one might think that drilling and fracking could not possibly have any more dirty secrets. But here’s the biggest secret of ...28 comments 87 Recs
- This will be an extremely short diary, but I just wanted to share something amazing I read in the NY Times this morning. It was an obituary of Wesley Brown, who died recently at age 85, and was ...190 comments 473 Recs
- UPDATE-The diarist in question has been banned. Not my aim in writing this-I wanted to address an issue that extends beyond one poster. As I said in the comments, he was not the first person here to ...424 comments 355 Recs
- One cannot go anywhere in Wisconsin these days without seeing signs in support of the Governor that say [http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1024&bih=587&q=i+stand+with+walker&...80 comments 252 Recs
- Witchcraft (3+ / 6-) Tell the indigenous people that if they sacrifice James Inhofe they it will bring rain, prosperity and fertility to their lands. I guess it's time (1+ / 15-) you got your ...228 comments 530 Recs
- In the "Brainstorm" section of The Chronicle of Higher Education website, the journalist Naomi Schaefer Riley wrote a piece entitled " The Most Persuasive Case for Eliminating Black Studies? Just ...60 comments 60 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.