Posting History for wruckusgroink
|The Republican Case for a 100% Inheritance Tax
Ho hum. The Republicans -- specifically House Republicans -- are trying once again to repeal the inheritance tax . I've watched the discussion on this -- no one has yet pointed out the screaming ...
|Dear CPACers -- One Question
Loves me some CPAC -- the perfect trainwreck of nuttiess, groveling, bigotry and wingnut marketing madness . I couldn't help but notice that every hand-in-the-air, CHOOSE ME CHOOSE ME CHOOSE ME ...
|June 6 -- Take A Moment...
...this June 6th to remember what it means to be a progressive Democrat. What's possible. The nature of courage, and the necessity of hope. Today is the 46th anniversary of an event that changed ...
|Memorial Day, 2014 -- What I've Learned
I was born in 1951. I came of age during the Vietnam War. This morning I was perusing the New York Times when I came across an article about the Republican Neoconservative Establishment questioning ...
|Worst Brooks EVER
David Brooks is the George Will of the New York Times -- "establishment" (i.e. Sunday yak-fest acceptable) conservative dishing out gassy blather that ignores the nihilistic turn of the Republicans, ...
|What Dubya Did, Frank Bruni Won't Notice, and Dems Should Do
Frank Bruni's column in today's New York Times laments the death of the American Dream -- that this generation will hand off a better world filled with greater opportunity to the next generation. As ...
|What Fighting Looks Like, Pt. 1 -- Food Stamps
I'm one of those life-long Democrats who supports Barack Obama with no enthusiasm -- because he won't fight. I know, I know -- "he has his own style," and "his hands are tied by the intransigence ...
|Toxic B.S. on NYT Op-Ed Page
The New York Times knowingly published a piece of utter, pernicious bullshit on its Sunday Op-Ed page. Just so we're clear on terms, I defer to an expert to define "bullshit" ... “The ...
|What If Bush Had Done Nothing?
The brilliant Charles Pierce perfectly punctures the MSM's fluffery of the opening of Dubya's Museum: The elite press is dedicating an entire day of coverage to the perpetuation of a monstrous ...
|Final Hour -- Rand Paul Filibusters iTunes
TRANSCRIPT -- HOUR ELEVEN OF RAND PAUL’S FILIBUSTER OF ITUNES TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE SENATOR PAUL (CONTINUED): …which brings us, finally to page 27, and the most intrusive and egregious ...
|Ted Cruz -- America Demands Answers
Whose values, Mr. Cruz? Amerca's? Or Moscow's? I'm a student of political history. I fear the Ted Cruz thing is going to play out more or less the way the first half of the Joe McCarthy tragedy ...
|I'm Voting Like A Christian -- for Barack Obama
The Internets are abuzz with the comments of Erick Erickson, prime mover of Red State, and CNN's Wingnut Avatar. Here's Erickson on Tuesday's election: "My world view is pretty simple. I think this ...
|Dear Colin Powell -- You Broke It, You Own It
By that, I mean your reputation. You are trying to take a victory lap with a Modern Master of Management book. Sorry, Colin. This is like Gerald Levin writing a book called "Worship My Brilliance --
|R.I.P Peter Bergman (Firesign Theatre)
Peter Bergman , member of the Firesign Theatre,died last Friday. To most people on the site, this won't mean a hecukuva lot. To people of a certain age -- I'm 60, born in 1951 -- this is...well......
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by wruckusgroink
- A couple of years ago, I spent many hours with Bernie Sanders interviewing him for Playboy magazine (the interview was published in October 2013). I've just received permission to post unpublished ...171 comments 201 Recs
- 364 comments 397 Recs
- Making new an old-fashioned party-building ...192 comments 197 Recs
- The good news is that the economy today is much better than it was six years ago when George W. Bush left office. The bad news is that, despite these improvements, the 40-year decline of the ...233 comments 563 Recs
- March 25 is the anniversary of the infamous Triangle Shirtwaist fire, which happened in 1911. The basic facts are pretty well known. The company was among the staunchest opponents of unionization, ...27 comments 70 Recs
- It’s way past time that someone published such a punishing and honest appraisal/takedown. In Rolling Stone, Jeb Lund wrote a must-read piece called "Go Ahead and Call Bill O'Reilly What He Is: A ...145 comments 400 Recs
- The ad kind of speaks for itself.252 comments 517 Recs
- "Scott Walker The Desperado" is the caption under an old photo of Wisconsin's Governor from his school days. The caption is not a new one from his political enemies. He earned the moniker beck in ...99 comments 157 Recs
- Welcome, New Users, to Daily Kos, from your host Angie in WA State . This Diary is intended to help you orient yourself to the site and ask questions about how to use it. Below the ...177 comments 165 Recs
- As I look ahead to this coming year, a number of thoughts come to mind. First and foremost, against an enormous amount of corporate media noise and distraction, it is imperative that we not lose ...74 comments 200 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.