I keep seeing people on Facebook doing two things, denying access to guns are the problem, and pointing to Switzerland as proof that lots of guns doesn't lead to lots of violence.
I don't really do the diary writing thing very much, but since it's Pride Day, and I couldn't make it out to any parades or events, I thought I would use a DailyKos diary to express how proud I am to be a lesbian, and be part of the GLBT community as a whole.
It is a large and varied community. There are gay men, gay women, bisexuals, transgendered men and women, those who are simply bicurious, and many many of what I call "honorary gays"(Kathy Griffin). The explinations for all these labels can get complicated, here is an informative introductory clip-
Recommended by InfinityLincoln
- When parents commit suicide , children often believe that their parents did not love them. They may also think that if they had been better children and made their parents happy, the parents would ...3 comments 13 Recs
- I know that this isn't unique to Fred Meyer, but this time of year, the Salvation Army has its volunteers out at stores around the country. Today, when shopping our local Fred Meyer, I saw that SA ...9 comments 24 Recs
- I am a progressive and a member of the California Teachers Association. I am also an advocate for charter schools. Charter Schools have a nasty reputation here at Daily Kos and among many on the ...103 comments 22 Recs
- Bill Maher's final New Rule last night showed that Joe Biden's comment about gay marriage last week can now put Mitt Romney on the defensive from this point forward. So Mr. President, the best ...47 comments 103 Recs
- The fact remains that the CEO of JC Penny hired Ellen DeGeneres and refused to fire them when the American Family Association's threatened boycott . Likewise, Romney 2012 hired Ric Grenell, who is ...43 comments 83 Recs
- I've been pissed off for days now. On Sunday, Laura had a piece up about Yawn Hannity claiming poor people aren't hungry because they can eat beans and rice. I wasn't bugged so much by the backhand ...143 comments 414 Recs
- The "Heart of Texas" is, in this instance, a twelve hour Motorcycle Rally held entirely within the borders of the State of Texas. 2012 is the third annual running, and this is my first entry. ...30 comments 24 Recs
- I didn't mean to become one of the long term unemployed. Really I did not. I'm starting here with a bit of a biographical piece. I know it is self indulgent, and long, but it also helps shape ...34 comments 102 Recs
- Last night as I followed my timeline on Twitter I began to see a hashtag appear, #fuckyouWashington. Now I like to cuss now and then but generally limit myself to doing it with those who appreciate ...261 comments 359 Recs
- I apologize in advance for pushing some more worthy diary off the list. I am sure this is totally shallow compared to some of the more enlightend offerings that have graced the diary list lately. ...18 comments 3 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.