For a night of joy and celebration, just watch this video of our First Couple dancing and making what could be a stiff and awkward moment of ceremony a loving and expressive intimate moment shared with our nation.
Sorry this took so long, it's been a more-than-usually hectic midwinter holidays season around here, plus I kept breaking my computers, and have only gotten one of them repaired, restored, and set back up in a much cleaner corner of my office only a day ago.
During the month of December, dairies such as navajo's You Can Help Lakotas... and Betson08's 'Tis the Season... brought attention to the needs of the Lakota people as Winter began. These are groups and projects that we as a community have helped in past, and certainly are worthy of our collective support throughout the year.
So I decided I would add my voice and support and cash to the general efforts to raise some funds to get safer heaters and propane delivered to families before Christmas, and to help Okiciyap's building project.
On Dec 13th, I wrote a diary Helping the Lakota People keep warm and healthy.... in which I asked people to buy propane and new propane heaters that the good people of St Francis Energy could distribute to their customers who needed propane and to replace dangerous old heaters that people could not afford to repair or replace. I also pointed to the Okiciyap organization efforts to build a food pantry and provide for young people activities, projects and services that would enrich their lives and give them a chance of building a healthier community for every generation.
I want to say thank you so much to everyone who rec'ed my dairy, promoted my diary in open threads and other diaries, who sent the link out to other people, who made donations to any of the projects and funds I was asking people to help out, and who gave me so much encouragement, and honored me by their support and their private messages.
So follow me beyond the Orange Squiggle to see the results of my personal fundraising efforts and what I discovered along the way....
In hopes it will catch the eye of a few folks who might be able to help. I'm writing this diary and making A CHALLENGE!
Ok, this is going to be short and sweet....
Reading the Guardian web site I come across a story that strikes me as just one stick the police are using to quell the Occupy movement in the UK:
Just got back from the local Santa Fe demonstration. Will give a brief report on what I saw and did, but want to encourage other New Mexicans to feel free to use this diary as a place to add their experiences if they so desire. So join me after the Orange squiggle.
A statement by Breivil's lawyer can be found in the live updates on the Guardian today:
Breivik said the attacks were 'necessary'
This is not an incompetent unstable man, this is an cold-blooded murderer whose political beliefs are echoed here in the USA on the far right. And here in the USA, the media and the general public have brushed away incident after incident where some 'lone wolf' has killed or was planning to kill "the leftist commies".
His attack on the island, murdering so many young people with political aspirations, was designed to hurt the Labour Party which has supported tolerance and respect.
He's stated that he went to Utøya [where 700 youths in the age of 15-25 were gathered] to give the Labour party a warning that 'doomsday would be imminent' unless the party changed its policies.
Thought I'd set up a liveblog for those who know more than I do about these proposals. Introduced by the President of MIT, Susan Hockfield. She's talking about the new discoveries and inventions in the renewable energy industries.
Paul Holland, a VC leader in new energy tech, is speaking now.
so tell us what you think, fellow Kossacks!
I started writing a comment, but felt that once I was done, it was too long to put in an open thread, seemed rude to take up so much space. So indulge me, I know this little diary of mine will scroll off within a short time, probably before I finally get to sleep sometime before dawn. I don't mind. I wrote this because I wrote this, and because I want to remember my uncle, Danny Barker and my aunt Lu Barker today.
So you still haven't maxed out to Obama, it's getting close to crunch time, and, if you're like me, when you have a little money, you buy books, and if there's anything left over, you get some food.
Did you know you can have your new books and donate to Obama too?
now put down that book long enough to follow me after the flip...
Recommended by NMRed
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- BREAKING: Unarmed 19 year old #TonyRobinson just shot/killed by Madison, WI police officer http://t.co/P56fOMD5Gl pic.twitter.com/5qCcoSd5Sn — CandaceTX (@CandaceTX)121 comments 202 Recs
- Last night, a friend on Facebook messaged me the above editorial. I'm finding it hits home, not only for me, but also for anyone who has held a serving position in this country. Because the image ...373 comments 485 Recs
- (Click to enlarge) [UPDATE: Some people have misread this to think I am blaming the cartoonists for the attacks. That was not my intention at all; the terrorists are 100% to blame -- it all ...47 comments 69 Recs
- TexMex here, I just put baby to bed and finally have some time to check out the Daily Kos. Watching Walking Dead reruns and waiting for dinner pork chops. But I wanted to remind my fellow Kossacks ...6 comments 23 Recs
- UPDATE : Google Maps indicates the Flood Christian Church at which the Brown family attended services was roughly 2.8 miles away from the site where the protests and demonstrations in Ferguson ...167 comments 376 Recs
- I've put off publishing this for what I expect to be a slow day on Daily Kos, because I don't like having to write it at all and, if and when it does its job, I'm happy for it to recede into ...15 comments 67 Recs
- Hope is like an appendage that hangs from your soul. It is flexible and it is lithe. It reaches out to grab hold of the things it needs to sustain it. And, like any other limb, it doesn't grow back ...63 comments 118 Recs
- 4Chan is an imageboard (a messageboard where pics are traded). It was originally created for the purpose of collecting and trading anime. lunatic, juvenile... brilliant, ridiculous and alarming. --34 comments 45 Recs
- In an intense conversation last week with a group of my students about issues surrounding rape and sexual assault, one of the young women in the group shared her experience with having been ...335 comments 265 Recs
- No current results.