This election taught me I spend too much time on politics...most of the country is just “a pox on both of their houses”
Can anyone please tell me why Christians are so afraid to die? I am looking for serious answers. I myself was raised without religion, but thru the years I have known, been friends with and been related to people of many faiths. For those that have died it seems that the Christians are the most afraid of death. I have spent a useless day commenting on other sites about the Marlise Munoz case out of Texas. The most vocal of the commenters claim to be Christians. I put this down to the anti-choice crowd at first, but after awhile it seemed to be more then that. I started thinking about those I have known that have died. Among those that knew it would be coming, the most fearful seemed to be the Christians, oddly the three atheists I knew seemed to be the calmest. I am honestly trying to understand. Can anyone help me?
Politifact has opened voting for lie of the year. I would like to suggest that my fellow DK'ers get over there and vote! 7 of the 10 choices have to do with the Affordable Care Act. 1 has to do with guns (the UN is coming for them) and one has to do with the FISA court. I would really rather not have to hear from the right wing how "you can keep your insurance" was lie of the year. So please vote! I picked the UN is coming for your guns but there are other choices there. VOTE
My spouse applied for a job a couple of weeks ago. It was a “probably won’t get it, but won’t it be cool” type of job. He got it. Now we are moving.
I have questions. Is there anyone out there from the Billings area?
I would really like to know about housing, cultural, stores, and community. What do I need to know about the area? We have been looking at housing in Billings and the surrounding areas. Is there any place we should steer clear of? We want a 30 minute or less commute from the Kings road exit.
We have three cats, currently we are living over 600 miles from there. Does anyone have advice on how to move when you are a multi-cat household? Two of the cats are totally inside; one is a indoor/outdoor type.
Thanks to anyone that can help on this…
I do not know how to bring people together, but after looking at the pictures of the Libyans protesting FOR Ambassador Stevens and the other Americans and Libyans that fell, I had a thought. An Ambassador (Stevens), Vile Rat (Sean Smith), two ex-marines (Glen Dougherty and Tyrone Woods) and rumors of several other Libyans that were protecting them (sorry I haven't been able to find names), all of them fell to a frenzy of zealot madness. I have also seen what a low percentage of the citizens of all the currentaly rioting countries have actually agreed and engaged.
This is a response that I gave to a young Republican woman in an email exchange recently. She is a friend who is twenty years younger than me (she is 23). She was trying to get me to donate to her candidate-a Republican. She has been politically active since her teens (knocking on doors, etc) When I asked why a young, mixed race woman would ever vote, much less campaign for a Republican she said “my family has always voted Republican, Republicans are nice people”. Urgg! I will leave out the exchanges about how the Republican Party has changed since Lincoln and I will leave out the part where I said she was smart but not a deep thinker. This is my last try at talking her out of the cult. What did I miss?
Recommended by Renfriend
- I'm not a Ralph Nader fan in light of the 2000 election debacle. If Nader hadn't run, Al Gore would have been President. There would have been no Bush tax cuts, no Iraq war, no John Roberts or ...628 comments 197 Recs
- This sign was present at a McAdory High School football game this weekend in Alabama. They were playing the Pinson Valley High School Indians. For their part, McAdory High School officials have ...207 comments 328 Recs
- I would like to ask the DailyKos community to help me in my effort to get Shirley McKellar's name and message out in her effort to defeat Louie Gohmert. I cannot tell you that Gohmert can be ...4 comments 18 Recs
- Drink! There is, of course, only one way to get through a debate where you know you'll have to endure listening to Mitt Romney: by drinking—regularly and repeatedly. So we're asking you, the ...134 comments 19 Recs
- Crossposted on 43rdStateBlues D20 Senate candidate raises concern about enormous government waste Why is the "party of smaller government" spending money like this? "Chuck Winder is the chair ...3 comments 5 Recs
- The Roman Catholic Bishop of Springfield, Illinois warns his followers voting Democrat may send your soul to Hell. Speaking of the Democratic party's platfrom of support for reproductive rights and ...175 comments 167 Recs
- Mitt Romney has another Bain outsourcing public relations embarrassment on his hands as Ryan Grim and Dave Jamieson, of Huffingtonpost report that Mitt Romney Gets Tax Break Off Firm Sending Jobs To ...22 comments 32 Recs
- So it was just a week ago that I published my first diary in four years titled Mitt… You Just Got Me Out of Hibernation . This past week, I have spent more time thinking about you Mitt. The ...3 comments 6 Recs
- Richard Carmona's new ad hits opponent Jeff Flake on veterans' benefits. Carmona himself is a combat veteran who earned his G.E.D. while serving in the Army. He went on to become a Special Forces ...2 comments 18 Recs
- This is incredibly cute and humanizing in my opinion. And it got a chuckle out of me, so thought I would pass it on:154 comments 199 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.