The results for the assembly elections (similar to state legislature in the US) are out and it seems like a crazy landslide for Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) (Common Person Party).
I am an engineering professor. I still love learning new things. I recently chanced by a series of youtube videos by minutephysics and was completely in awe of the simplicity and brilliance of his teaching. Here are some examples of amazing little videos Henry Reich produces.
I do not know if this was diaried before. Found this interview in the New york Magazine a week ago.
More after the squiggly thingie.
I was staring at the electoral map and playing around to see if there is ANY possibility of the republican ticket winning the electoral college. To be frank, the possibility scares the hell out of me. I know Nate Silver's system says 70% chance Obama wins. But 30% is a high enough number to me to be very very scared of the possibility. More after the squiggly.
I accidentally tripped on this link to the transcript of the audio blog of David Simon in the times. Being a HUGE fan of the TV show "the wire" I put it on at work. I really think there is a lot of stuff in this "Introduction to his new book" that is worth thinking about and discussing.
I do not know if somebody diaried this already, but had to share this video.
For those of you who are well versed with the best show on TV ever (The Wire), the word Hamsterdam means a lot. For those of you who do not I am going to introduce the main character of Season 3 and explain why I am talking about it now.
I was going through ted talks today and found this very interesting talk on cheating and wanted to share it.
I don't know if this was diaried before. If it was sorry about it. But a friend just forwarded this to me.
I am not saying we can let up because of this. I am just wondering if one sided polls are going to have lot of republicans stay home?
Recommended by chandu
- While I sit and wait for my first round of BBQ beans to get going for our function in Emporia tonight, I wanted to put up a brief diary today about one of the speeches at Netroots Nation for those ...103 comments 78 Recs
- Dear Senator Warren, Please consider this letter an urgent call for help. Our nation is in distress, and when it comes to political leadership, there doesn't seem to be any. At least not at ...73 comments 34 Recs
- December 29, 2012 ...116 comments 249 Recs
- The British Empire, along with the English language, extended into the subcontinent of India in 1612 with the establishment of a trading post on the west coast. For the next three centuries, the ...122 comments 166 Recs
- I see Sam Wang's "oldtimer" UID 10459, and I raise it with (my own) NCDem UID 509. Yes, I've been here a LONG time... lurking in the shadows... enjoying the shit out of (almost) every damned thing ...267 comments 354 Recs
- this intro isn't ...35 comments 15 Recs
- Here is a roundup of the electoral maps from the main stream media elite as well as prominent blogs and the non elite media. I put them in order of the largest total electoral count for Obama to ...41 comments 14 Recs
- I don't have video. Its live right now on Last Word. Nobody posted a diary to talk about it yet. So, here's a diary to share this moment. Its a beautiful inspiring moment.66 comments 35 Recs
- For all of the numbers and statistics and poll charts we've seen, this might be the most important number of this election. 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683) Write it on your hand in Sharpie so it's ...69 comments 201 Recs
- In the Arizona Senate race, Republican Jeff Flake's campaign has been sending robocalls to Democrats in the Phoenix area giving them the wrong locations to their polling places.38 comments 52 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.