I had to sign-up -- then filled out my form, and on the completion page there were a few links to questions asked that might be related (like that "other people who bought this book looked at..." type o thing at amazon).
Well this title caught my eye:
"Is this an accurate list of what we can expect from Liberals if they win in November?"
Was this some republican operative who posted his talking points as questions? Or was this truly a post from a person, in this country, that really had those questions on his (pretty sure, his) mind?
SO. I decided to answer... not my true, uncut beliefs (at all), but what I thought might get him to think, rather than just react... follow me beyond the fold for a troubling Q&A...
Is this an accurate list of what we can expect from Liberals if they win in November?
1. Amnesty for 12,000,000 illegal immigrants.
1(answer). probably not. well first off, "amnesty for immigrants" has never even been on the table, in either house. And it never will be. In fact, the closest any branch came to that was the Executive Branch (i.e. President Bush etc.) when he proposed the guest worker program, along with eventual legal status once certain requirements are fulfilled.
2. A push to make homosexual marriage and polygamy legal in all 50 states.
2(answer). The "gay marriage" issue is pretty far from our minds lately, don't you think? And absolutely no one, of either Party, has ever promoted polygamy - (at the Federal level, I can't speak for certain local councils in Utah). Honestly, who the h*** cares?
3. Only liberal judges will be appointed. They will create laws to implement the social agenda liberals cannot get passed through the legislative process.
3(answer). Substitute your word "liberal" (which I am unsure what you actually mean because that word has multiple meanings...), and put in the words "right-wing" and you sound just like the democrats. The judges appointed by both sides in the last 20 years have actually performed, on the whole, in a way that neither "wing" has been able to push its agenda. Thank God that the judiciary has remain relatively untouched at its highest level, by partisans on either side.
4. Liberals will make the killing of the unborn more difficult to stop.
4(answer). (um, I skipped this - missed it while scrolling...)
5. Liberals will continue to try to rid our society of Christian influence, including any reference to God in our Pledge and on our currency.
5(answer). If your main concern is about the Pledge of Allegiance than I humbly ask if you are really Christian. There is actually more Christian values being adhered to, and promoted, within the Democrat party than in this Republican Idolization. Republicans just feed you what you want to hear, and then, once you have left the room, call you names, snicker, and give you just enough to keep you loyal. (Beware of false idols).
6. A return to the "Fairness Doctrine" in broadcasting where opposing views must be given equal time. Every conservative talk show host will be forced to give a liberal equal time on every issue. The purpose of this rule will be to shut down conservative talk shows.
6(answer). Is there something wrong with that? I would think most of the population would like to hear something that gave a few different viewpoints. Then we could actually balance it out, and decide what matters to us.
7. An increase in taxes to push new social programs.
7(answer). Doubtful. Unless you are a millionaire. And if you are a citizen of the United States you should buck up and help out when you got that kind of money. Especially when you post record profits while we lose our jobs.
8. Passing a new "hate crimes" law making it illegal to refer to homosexuality in a negative manner.
8(answer). What's up with your focus on homosexuals? If that is the most worrisome issue in your head than you most likely aren't living here. Because most of us don't really have that obsession. We are more interested in making ends meet, taking care of what's in our own house, paying the bills, finding decent doctors, and squirreling away what we can. And the folks that have been messing everything up need to be replaced with people that will give their communities a fighting chance.