Instead of the Big Four of Boehner, Pelosi, Reid and McConnell meeting with President Obama at the White House, the President is dispatching his Treasury Secretary and top legislative liaison to the Capitol.The beginning of official talks is, of course, leading to rampant speculation on the shape of those talks. But what is arguably more important than what happens in those rooms right now is the ongoing public negotiating. It's setting the stage for what will happen when it gets down to President Obama, Reid, McConnell, Boehner, and Pelosi. Making a public case and using the bully pulpit, as Obama is doing on taxes, will help shape how the behind-closed-doors talks proceed.
Those two men though won't sit down in one room with the Congressional leaders—instead they will meet separately with them, in a series of one-on-one meetings..
Not in one room, exchanging ideas, but individually.
Most of the back and forth in fiscal
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
eeff, plan9pub, wdrath, Sophie Amrain, lyvwyr101, stagemom, vigilant meerkat, One Pissed Off Liberal, millwood, leonard145b, allie123, Mr MadAsHell, We Won, This old man, nuclear winter solstice, remembrance, SanFernandoValleyMom, VinaMist
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Joan McCarter
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...112 comments 266 Recs
- Obamacare is such a failure, it can't even kill the jobs Republicans said it would!62 comments 134 Recs
- In Paraguay, a 10 year old girl was being raped by her step-father. Her mother reported the abuse to authorities but was ignored. The child's stomach began to swell and the mother, thinking ...24 comments 49 Recs
- Wow, Mitt Romney. Just wow. At a time when even many Republicans are pretending to care about ...74 comments 67 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...130 comments 133 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...135 comments 58 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 60 Recs
- Ho. Lee. Crap. Check out this press release from Florida Governor and Lord Voldemort impersonator Rick Scott:35 comments 51 Recs
- In a move which stunned many Court observers—certainly including me—the ...58 comments 62 Recs
- Johno Espejo (left) and Matthew Mansell, a plaintiff couple in the marriage equality case, being interviewed outside the Supreme Court.52 comments 73 Recs
Joan McCarter's Tags
- No current results.
Joan McCarter's Blogroll
- No current results.