I know this has been said many times but it is worth repeating. The Second Amendment was written during the times of muskets and black powder , single shot pistols. Anyone trying to extrapolate the meaning of the Second Amendment with regards to any firearms besides the ones that existed at the time is pure speculation. In the same context that a black person was only counted as 3/5th's of a person in the same era, the Second Amendment does not apply to the arms of today for the simple fact that they didn't exist when the Second Amendment was written. Whether the Second Amendment was actually written to keep a well regulated militia is irrelevant when the simple fact of the gun control issue is that the guns being talked about in the Second Amendment were single shot muzzleloaders. I don't think any American would object to the right to bear those arms.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by buckshot face
- I come here not to particularly urge that a baseball owner/executive be idolized but it's worth noting what the Chief Operating Office of the Baltimore Orioles John Angelos said following protests ...74 comments 390 Recs
- Last Update : from me for now--have to start my day. There's really nothing good coming out of this, except that the epicenter wasn't actually IN Kathmandu or Pokhara. Death toll is currently ...101 comments 127 Recs
- Vaccines do one thing: save countless lives It's been debunked before , but it will continue to have to be debunked ...59 comments 45 Recs
- A half an hour every morning. Tommy Kleyn is an artist from Rotterdam, Netherlands. Every morning on his bike to work, he would pass a section of the Rotterdam riverway where trash had collected at ...68 comments 185 Recs
- Duke University scientists have potentially discovered new avenues ...197 comments 358 Recs
- Sen. Bob Corker is confident that the final version of the Corker-Menendez bill will be passed with a veto-proof majority in the Senate, perhaps as early as this week. In order to obtain that veto-...276 comments 303 Recs
- Tuesday's front page of The Indianapolis Star The backlash over Indiana's new license-to-discriminate law continues to grow, with the ...227 comments 124 Recs
- I've missed this guy ever since he left Countdown . So long after, still so brilliant.83 comments 93 Recs
- Six-time Tony winner Audra McDonald gave Indiana's Republican Governor Mike Pence an epic takedown on Twitter. In response to Pence signing ...130 comments 470 Recs
- Yes - that crazy, liberal, Progressive, left-leaning Keith Olbermann is still at it. He's still doing crazy, liberal, Progressive, left-leaning stuff. Standing up for a minority group in America? ...110 comments 266 Recs
buckshot face's Tags
- No current results.
buckshot face's Blogroll
- No current results.