Here's the link to donate to Markey's campaign:Today’s a big day for progressives like us -- because it’s our chance to help Ed Markey get his Senate campaign off to a big start.
If you want real action on climate change, Ed’s your guy -- he led the way in the House. If you care about net neutrality, Ed’s an invaluable ally -- he’s been a longtime champion for fair competition and consumer rights. And if you want someone who’s going to roll up his sleeves and get to work helping to rebuild our middle class, Ed’s a dedicated progressive worth fighting for.So let’s show Ed that we’re with him by helping him raise the $500,000 he needs in February. Click here to make your contribution:
Ed’s a Massachusetts guy through and through -- and not just because of his Boston accent and his die-hard allegiance to the Red Sox.
He’s also got the same kind of progressive spirit that made Ted Kennedy and John Kerry such great fighters for change -- the same spirit that makes Elizabeth Warren great.But if we don’t get Ed’s back in this special election, Republicans could try to swipe this seat -- canceling out Elizabeth’s vote in the Senate and making it harder for President Obama to get things done.
That would be bad. Really bad. So click here and help Ed get off to a running start:
He needs to raise $500,000 in February -- could some of it come from you?
It feels good to be a progressive right now. We won big in 2012. We’ve got big plans for 2013. But if we want the good feelings to continue, we’ve got a big job ahead of us in the next few months.So let’s make today a big day for Ed Markey. Click here to make a contribution:
P.S.: In his native Malden, Massachusetts, Ed’s name is pronounced “Mahhhkey.” The rest of us actually pronounce the “r.” But however you say his name, help me support his campaign: Click here, give generously, and let’s help Ed Markey win!
Received a fundraising e-mail from Senator Al Franken (D. MN) who is raising money for Progressive Congressman Ed Markey (D. MA) who is running for Senate in the Massachusetts Special Election to replace outgoing Senator and current Secretary of State, John Kerry. Markey is going up against Conservative Democratic Congressman Stephen Lynch in the primary:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Aquarius40, artebella, abs0628, AnotherMassachusettsLiberal, TomP, JamieG from Md, jarbyus, Polly Syllabic, cordgrass, sharonsz, Mike08, RLMiller, peptabysmal, ShoshannaD, northerntier
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...22 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...374 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 206 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.