- Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is New and improved!
- What you missed on Sunday Kos ...
- The real lessons of Robin Kelly's victory, over her opponents and the NRA, by David Nir
- Abortion is just like the Holocaust, says death penalty lover, because he's a schmuck, by Kaili Joy Gray
- Gun violence: An interview with the founder of United Physicians of Newtown, by Greg Dworkin
- Plamegate: When Woodward was not worried about threats from the White House, by Armando
- Introducing the most important professionals in our midst, by Steven "DarkSyde" Andrew
- They marched and battled for the ballot, by Denise Oliver Velez
- Battle Los Angeles: What's at stake in Tuesday's election, by Dante Atkins
- In case you missed it, another reaction to Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's appalling description of a portion of the Voting Rights Act as a "perpetuation of racial entitlement," this one from Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC):
"I'm not easily surprised by anything, but that took me to a place I haven't been in a long time," Clyburn said of Scalia's comments, during an interview with HuffPost. "What Justice Scalia said, to me, was, 'The 15th Amendment of the Constitution ain't got no concerns for me because I'm white and proud.'"
- Who knew?
"You would be giving off more CO2 if you are riding a bike than driving in a car."
-- Washington state Rep. Ed Orcutt (R), in an interview with the Seattle Bike Blog about an email he sent to a constituent.
- Criticism from Geraldo Rivera? I'd take it as a compliment:
- From Gallup:
Asian-Americans -- who were a key part, if sometimes overlooked, of President Barack Obama's 2012 electoral coalition -- solidly back the Democratic Party, with 57% identifying as or leaning Democratic, compared with 28% identifying as or leaning Republican. Thirteen percent are "pure" independents.
- From the shit-you-can't-make-up files:
Marion Webster, a 78-year-old U.K. woman found guilty of tearing up flowers in her neighbor's garden, may have done it because she believed her own garden had been destroyed by a trained squirrel. [...]The squirrel refused to comment for this story.
"She is very proud of her garden," one neighbor said, according to the Daily Mail, "and she got it into her head that someone had it in for her and was jealous of her flowers ... she became convinced a resident had trained a squirrel to enter her garden after dark and tear up her flowers."
- Possibly the greatest buzzer-beater of all time:
- On today's Kagro in the Morning show Greg Dworkin joined us with news of the punditry's discovery that Rs aren't particularly serious about governing. It's all still somehow Obama's fault, for failing to lead the un-leadable. Next, thanks to twigg, for the shout-out diary over the weekend! Then, a read through a NYT piece on record corporate profits that somehow don't lead to job growth. Gee whiz! Why aren't things trickling down? Also, a musical interlude from The Union Electric, the band of Daily Kos' own dissonentdissident. Finally, the outrageous Malaysian payoff scandal!
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Barbara Morrill
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...130 comments 133 Recs
- Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco chief of staff Dan Bernal meets with Daily Kos, CREDO Action, Sum of Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation & Corporate Accountability ...14 comments 60 Recs
- Donate here! https://35409.thankyou4caring.org/pages/donation-page----nepal-earthquake Hi everyone, Sorry for writing so late but I can't write till I am free from my baby duties. So....... So ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Tonight, starting at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT and running for about 15 hours, we will be taking Daily Kos offline to implement a major upgrade to the infrastructure behind the site. There should be no ...239 comments 178 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 150 Recs
- I know that the DCCC went into "desperation" mode and caught a lot of flack with their "ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!" money begs last fall. However, I never thought I'd see them LITERALLY say that "ALL HOPE ...275 comments 375 Recs
- Ten years ago, I nearly lost my life when an RPG tore through the cockpit of my Black Hawk helicopter in Iraq. The only reason I made it home was because of the heroism of my courageous buddies ...134 comments 375 Recs
- I was in Selma, Alabama on the historic Freedom Day to register voters. Tensions were high and leaders were escalating their tactics. I saw the inequality and violence that African-Americans ...49 comments 295 Recs
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 714 Recs
- Since no one in authority here has put up an "Ask me anything" diary in a while, I have taken it upon myself to cover for their sorry asses by posting my own version of "Ask me anything" even though ...360 comments 129 Recs
Barbara Morrill's Tags
- No current results.