- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT! Voting is now underway in the 2013 Daily Kos Republican March to Madness Freakshow Four. In the first matchup we've got Rush Limbaugh vs. Michele Bachmann (vote here) and in the second matchup we've got Rick Santorum vs. Dick Cheney (vote here). Don't forget to help crown the poster-child of Republican craziness! - Jed
- The late great Roger Ebert's list of the 10 greatest films of all time.
- This weekend I sat down, as my father and grandfather did before me, and shined my shoes. Shoe shining is becoming a lost art. If you don't shine, you are by definition dull. You will find important items like a good horsehair brush, buffing rags, and several shades of Kiwi at your local store. But you may not find a proper shine box. Here's how to make one.
- The FBI is investigating the Rutgers Men's Basketball coaching staff. Because really, the Justice Department can only investigate things when they are convinced a crime has been committed and a sufficient case can be brought to win a conviction. Limited resources, yadda yadda yadda.
- Meanwhile, JP Morgan's Board of Directors is trying to convince its shareholders not to fire Jamie Dimon as Chairman. Yep, you heard me...the directors are telling the shareholders to keep a guy who just blew $6.2 billion. Justice Department? "Nothing to see here. Move along."
- Naked Capitalism absolutely dismantles Obama's infamous Hamilton Project speech. I don't take that speech as seriously as they do in explaining Obama's deficit fixation. Seemed to me like fairly typical Democratic Party centrist/DLC/Third Way pablum before Democrats swept the 2006 election.
- The three biggest economic boosters that have passed under the Obama Administration were 1. The Making Work Pay Tax Credit ($116 Billion), 2. Recovery Act infrastructure investments ($118 Billion), and the auto bailout + cash for clunkers ($28 Billion). As of today none of these programs are in effect or have any chance of being re-enacted.
Instead, we just passed another $3.4 trillion round of the Bush Tax Cuts and made them permanent. We've cut about $1 trillion in discretionary spending across the board. And now we're talking hundreds of billions in cuts to Social Security and Medicare.
Now, you tell me who is winning the economic policy argument.
- The only dead tree magazine I still read is Vice whenever I find it lying around in Manhattan. Online, it just isn't the same...but still good. And I noticed it is actually easier to avoid the ads in the print version. Go figure.
- Looking forward to your links and discussion!
Empty shine stand at Grand Central.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Meteor Blades, JekyllnHyde, lyvwyr101, basquebob, Laurence Lewis, Annalize5, GreyHawk, Jim R, global citizen, gpoutney, shaharazade, old wobbly, leonard145b, JeffW, maryabein, annieli, wintergreen8694, SouthernLiberalinMD, a2nite
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by brooklynbadboy
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Damnation to those who think otherwise: " It is necessary to control women's sexual urges ," says Hakim, a stern, bespectacled man in a fez. " They must be chaste to preserve their beauty ." I had ...69 comments 74 Recs
- ...and it's terrific. Or as the Daily Beast describes it: "Meet the new Barack Obama: Her name is Hillary Clinton." I thought Hillary's speeches in the last few months of her last campaign ...111 comments 38 Recs
- Had he lived in our times, he (we'll call him Bill) could have been a prominent blogger on Daily Kos. In fact, given his way with words and unique ability to coin new phrases, I'm sure he'd have ...131 comments 238 Recs
- So I’ve always been impressed with the men in my life who proudly declare that they’re feminists. Hard to believe it, but even now in the 21st Century, it takes a pretty self-confident guy to ...361 comments 43 Recs
- Haven't read book attacking Clintons. But if, as reported, it charges that Obama Admin moved Colombia FTA to reward CGI donor, that's nuts! — David Axelrod (@davidaxelrod) April 20, 2015 So now ...228 comments 133 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is a friend of mine. After all he wrote the foreword to my second book, Playing Bigger Than You Are . I have the utmost respect for Elizabeth Warren. But I also have a lot ...331 comments 296 Recs
- April 24, 1915. One Hundred Years. A Century with no "official" acknowledgement that it even happened. Today, in a Mass at St. Peter's, with Armenian Church ...76 comments 170 Recs
- The New York Times reports this morning that NY City Comptroller Scott Stringer is charging Wall Street with savaging the city's pension fund returns through a system of fees that drained profits ...16 comments 36 Recs
- I think it is timely that Brooklyn Bad Boy presented an opposing view to the diary I posted yesterday. In fact, a discussion about the anger that is creating a huge rift in the Democratic Party is ...621 comments 170 Recs
- No current results.