During Greg Dworkin's morning roundup, we wondered whether maybe the biggest casualty of this week's scandalpalooza has really been the Benghazi hoopla. Conservative fire remains concentrated on the IRS story, though that seems to be the one that offers the most angles for firing back. But it works as a way of not concentrating on what was, until last week, the zOMG stories of the century: the debt & deficit, now plummeting at record pace. Discussion of the IRS story continued around selections from FiveThirtyEight's "I.R.S. Approved Dozens of Tea Party Groups Following Congressional Scrutiny," an old LA Times article on IRS targeting of a liberal California church, the actual Nixon White House tapes regarding political use of the IRS, Rick Perlstein's "Washington Misses the Point on the Tea Party and the IRS," Mark Sumner's "The IRS 'scandal'—all smoke, no fire," and David Cay Johnston's "The other IRS scandal." Armando chimed in from the road on these stories as well. Finally, a word about the ridiculous "wish we'd had some AR-15s in Boston" talking point, and a short catch-up on new filibuster reform talk.
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by David Waldman
- My beautiful wife, Mary Nir, was an extraordinary soul. She was the kindest person I ever knew. She had a wickedly off-beat sense of humor. There was no one she wouldn't stop to help. If you knew ...174 comments 714 Recs
- Police arriving on the scene and acting immediately. On Saturday, November 22, a 911 caller alerted police that a young man outside a recreation center appeared to have a gun. Although the ...360 comments 115 Recs
- The star of last night's Florida governor's debate. The rules of the debate that I was shown by the Scott campaign say that there should be no fan. Somehow there is a fan there. And for ...277 comments 298 Recs
- I like radio. I'm a member of the radio underground. I've got enough decisions to make, so I'm happy to let somebody else with skills and insight select my listening content for me. Surprise me. ...55 comments 25 Recs
- Pretty impressive eh? Did it with a little bit of dumpster diving, a couple of earth posters and about six bucks worth of paint. The sad thing, apart from the obvious OCD, is that these are ...34 comments 322 Recs
- ESPN Washington Football Team Reporter John Keim writes about the Redskins trademark dispute: Stay out, government : I agree with this take from The Washington Post’s Sally ...50 comments 38 Recs
- 61 comments 85 Recs
- (Hope this won't be too long for you all) Back in the archaic, colorless TV days of June 2008, I came to this great site bemused by how our centrist, corporate media still didn't want to do its ...68 comments 180 Recs
- A woman looked out her window in Harbin, China and said "I couldn't see anything outside the window and I thought it was snowing". Then she realized it wasn't snow but instead it was dangerous, ...18 comments 50 Recs
- The ultra-short version: A new group, and a new diary series: #kt2 : Kossacks Tweet Too! Our diaries will be dedicated to publishing "follow-me" buttons for one-stop follows, and promoting the ...52 comments 18 Recs
David Waldman's Tags
- No current results.