- The Heritage Foundation co-author of their study deeming certain immigrants to be an irredeemable drain on society resigned this week, but still insisted his past arguments about the lower IQ of Hispanics and other non-whites were misunderstood.
- We are governed by morons.
- Pat Buchanan, who is apparently still alive, resurfaced to demand the Republican Party execute a new "Southern Strategy" to protect themselves against the electoral difficulties posed by "people of color." Nobody ever accused Pat of being subtle.
- The American Family Association says that the AARP is turning our old people gay.
- There's no limit to how badly you can screw up and still find success in the Republican Party. First Mark Sanford wanders back from the Appalachian Trail, now the person who came close to destroying the Komen Foundation in her anti-Planned Parenthood crusade is running for the Senate in Georgia. The only question is whether she can beat out equally far-far-right GOP Reps. Paul Broun, Jack Kingston and Phil Gingrey, or as Georgia calls it, the "batshit sampler."
- Another case in point: Allen West is headed to Fox News. That is, if Florida Gov. Rick Scott passes up on appointing him Lt. Governor of Florida.
- The right is still convinced that Planned Parenthood is one big abortionplex. That it might not be doesn't even enter their minds.
- Peggy Noonan uses the IRS scandal as springboard for her new conspiracy that the administration is targeting conservatives for IRS audits as punishment for supporting Romney or saying bad things about ObamaCare. She bases this on a handful of conservatives who have said they've gotten audited in the last few years, and that couldn't possibly just be a coincidence that only a completely addled person could work themselves into a lather over. Everybody knows non-conservatives never get audited by the IRS, right?
These are the people who rule us. In the realm of people who don't rule us and never will, resident Fox "and Friend" Steve Doocy theorizes that the IRS is going to use ObamaCare to deny hip replacements to known conservatives. As a connoisseur of all things tin foil, even I'm impressed with that one. And talk about catering to the Fox News audience!