You can click here to sign Udall's petition:The National Security Administration (NSA) is collecting phone records from millions of Americans and vast amounts of internet data from US online companies. And we don't know what else.
I voted against the PATRIOT Act during the Bush administration precisely because I worried about this kind of invasion of Americans’ privacy. The bill simply doesn’t protect our civil liberties.
I understand that the government needs to have to ability to defend us against national security threats. But that doesn’t mean an unchecked ability to invade our privacy.There needs to be more transparency. There needs to be more oversight. Join me in asking the Administration to provide straight answers on the NSA's collection of Americans' private information. Click here to add your name:
Americans have a constitutional right to privacy. As a former Attorney General, I take the responsibility for protecting that right seriously.
We need to get to the bottom of this. We deserve answers. And if enough of us join together and demand more information from President Obama and his administration, I think we can get it:
Thank you for your support on this critical issue.
Received this e-mail from Senator Tom Udall (D. NM) today:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Treatment over incarceration? Yes. Massachusetts has been fighting a growing wave of ...33 comments 90 Recs
- Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is one of the more endangered Republicans up for re-election in 2016, which might have something to do with the fact that he'...4 comments 9 Recs
- I know that you’re well aware of the historic obstruction we’ve seen from the GOP on issues ranging from the budget to President Obama’s ability to negotiate treaties to an increase in the ...2 comments 9 Recs
- Let us open an account for you, or ten.75 comments 185 Recs
- Still not onboard with fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership Under the rubric of "prioritize jobs" Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin (WI), Sherrod Brown (OH), Al Franken (MN), ...34 comments 90 Recs
- No current results.