I'm not sure what prompted me to open this story in Huffington Post, or what made me watch the video, or what's making me write about it now, other that it gives me this odd sense that we, as living creatures in this world, are all connected.
For a dog to come upon a little dead puppy and feel the need to bury the pup, completely; why? What was the dog trying to say? Was it trying to trying to somehow protect the puppy? Or was this some way of mourning for, or dignifying, another animal - one of its own? I'm not sure. I am sure it warmed my heart, and these are the things I want to see and feel in my life as I plow through some of the grime. These are the things that remind me of my own minuteness, and replenish my desire to seek the understanding of what love is - and what life is, as I carry on.
After the dog walked away, as if to say, "My work here is done," I could have done without the ending. The first two minutes are all one needs to 'get it'.
<Added: PBS Excerpt - The Emotional Lives Of Animals
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Powered Grace, eeff, grover, Pam from Calif, ladybug53, kaliope, Statusquomustgo, JaxDem, Quilldriver, StateofEuphoria, mrsgoo, whaddaya, SteelerGrrl, SuWho, a2nite, Horace Boothroyd III, Kombema
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by Leslie Salzillo
- This week the Louisville Courier-Journal broke news that Marilyn Thomas, the college girlfriend of James Comer (Comer is Kentucky's Agriculture Commissioner and a Republican candidate for Governor)6 comments 2 Recs
- ...4 comments 3 Recs
- Daniel Chong left for 5 days, handcuffed, without food or water or toilet—in a holding cell The LA Times is reporting on Daniel Chong, a 23-year-old UC San Diego engineering student who was ...65 comments 168 Recs
- Everyone talks about this problem of Money in Politics . Some Candidates have been talking about it long before "it was kool." Bernie Sanders on What Money Does to Politics (with Video) on ...17 comments 52 Recs
- Reefer madness! The folks at D.A.R.E (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) fell for a fake news story about a shocking number of deaths and pregnancies from the devil weed. They ...27 comments 30 Recs
- I recently came upon evidence of some inappropriate use of his office by a Wisconsin politician. Nothing that would send him to jail or even disgrace him horribly (particularly in light of what we'...12 comments 5 Recs
- Welcome to the Tuesday edition of the Coffee Hour at Street Prophets. This is an open thread where we can discuss what’s happening in our lives, what we’ve been working on, and our opinions on ...5 comments 17 Recs
- (Some) white folks haven't changed in over 40 years.* (Image courtesy of The Center of the Study of Political Graphics. Cartoonist is possibly Emory Douglas, former Minister of Culture for the Black ...117 comments 86 Recs
Leslie Salzillo's Blogroll
- No current results.