Schatz, a true progressive, is in a tough primary battle with Congresswoman Colleen Hanabusa (D. HI-01). If you want to donate to Schatz's campaign, you can do so here:You know that these end-of-quarter deadlines are crucial to setting the narrative about a race. Especially early on, it's our best chance to show the press, our opponents, and every activist in Hawaii that we're ready to fight hard to send Brian back to the Senate.
So you can imagine, as Brian's finance director, I often ask myself in the closing days of a quarter:It can definitely be stressful. But there are a few things that really keep me going.
1. Working for Brian Schatz: Nobody outworks him, and I mean nobody. That's why keeping Brian in the U.S. Senate, where he fights every day for middle class families in Hawaii and all across the country, is so important.2. Coffee: Aside from the obvious caffeine benefits, I'm pretty sure Kona coffee has magical properties.
3. Superhero movies: No, really. Don't you feel like you can take on just about anything after watching The Avengers? (Thanks to Netflix for getting that up on streaming just in time for the end of the quarter, by the way -- though I think it might be influencing my work a bit too much.)
But the most important thing to keeping me going? YOU. We're a team, and I know that when I'm putting everything I've got into making sure we reach our $25,000 goal, you've got my back. And more importantly, you've got Brian's back.So with just over 36 hours left to go until the deadline, you might be wondering:
It's pretty simple.
1. Click here to contribute $5, $10, or more before tomorrow's midnight deadline.
2. Then, forward this message to your friends and family to let them know you're supporting Brian -- and encourage them to join us, too.
If you can help me out with those two simple things -- right now -- then,we will
our $25,000 fundraising goal.
Thanks so much for your help.
Schatz for Hawaii
I normally don't like to post generic fundraising diaries but this one from Senator Brian Schatz (D. HI) is pretty amazing:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...22 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...374 comments 277 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 206 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.