You can click here to sign Udall's petition:Did you know that decisions made in a secret court are affecting your privacy rights?
The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) authorized courts that meet in secret, on issues that are secret, and issue rulings in secret. It was a FISA court ruling that made the recent and controversial NSA surveillance programs lawful.
In a FISA court, there is no one to stand up for the privacy of Americans. Only one side is represented -- the government’s side. No other court in the United States is so one-sided.
I’m working with my colleagues to protect your privacy, and reform the FISA court system. And I need your support.
Your privacy matters. Help me fight for it -- call for immediate FISA reform today:As a former federal prosecutor, I hold the principles of our American justice system dear. A hallmark of our system is that it is adversarial. All sides are argued, and judgments are made based on the facts.
That’s not how these FISA courts work.
I understand that the world we live in presents new and dangerous threats. And I also understand that the government needs to have the tools to meet these security challenges and protect our people. But I refuse to believe that we cannot protect the civil liberties of our citizens at the same time.
Your privacy matters. That’s what the FISA court reform I’m backing is meant to protect. Join the grassroots movement pushing for reform. Add your name today:
Thank you for joining me.
Received an e-mail today from Senator Tom Udall (D. NM) regarding FISA reform:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...23 comments 33 Recs
- [UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...376 comments 278 Recs
- Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) ...77 comments 46 Recs
- Former Baltimore Mayor and Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley has been getting slammed in the media and by some here for what happened to Freddie Gray and for the Baltimore riots. His critics say ...130 comments 129 Recs
- Elise Stefanik On Tuesday, the DCCC launched a goofy little website targeting vulnerable House GOP freshmen, pairing them with pop songs from ostensible one-hit wonders (these guys are "one-term ...33 comments 15 Recs
- 356 comments 449 Recs
- Freddie Gray was killed by Baltimore's police. Baltimore's ghetto youthocracy responded with protests and an exhalation of random street violence. The killing of Freddie Gray, an unarmed black man ...222 comments 207 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...815 comments 536 Recs
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...15 comments 7 Recs
- How stupid is the right-wing media? Stupid enough ...45 comments 55 Recs
- No current results.