You can click here to add your name:Our nation’s campaign finance system is broken.
We saw it in North Carolina in 2012, when special interest groups stuck their noses (by which I mean, their money) into our judicial elections. And already this year, the special interests are attacking me.Thanks to the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Citizens United, big corporations and special interest groups can spend virtually unlimited amounts of money to influence elections. And there’s no way for you or me to know where their money is coming from.
It’s time for Congress to end the disastrous effects of Citizens United. Join our grassroots network to restore transparency and accountability back to our elections. Add your name right now:Corporations and Super PACs can’t vote in elections. They shouldn’t be allowed to run roughshod over our nation’s campaign finance system.
It’s the voices of North Carolinians that should matter in elections. Creating jobs and expanding voting access, providing affordable health care and protecting vital programs like Medicare and Social Security.
The people who can’t spend millions of dollars to produce shiny special interests ads are the people that need their voices heard the most. It’s those North Carolina families I fight for. And we need to keep the debate focused on them.
It’s time to put a stop the flood of undisclosed cash from special interest groups put the power back where it belongs -- in the hands of the people. Join me in telling Congress to put a stop to undisclosed special interest cash in our elections. Add your name today:
Let’s do this.
Received this e-mail today from Senator Kay Hagan (D. NC) regarding Citizens United:
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
brendan1963, historys mysteries, ScottyUrb, Youffraita, Denise Oliver Velez, elginblt, incognita, Anthony Page aka SecondComing, James Allen
Diary Recommended By
Recommended by poopdogcomedy
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed ...43 comments 40 Recs
- Yummy! Mmmm, mmmm! Nothing like a nice, cold glass of chemicals to wet your whistle: An analysis of ...30 comments 24 Recs
- Over the last decade, Pennsylvania has emerged as a powerhouse when it comes to drilling and pumping and making money off of natural gas— ...3 comments 6 Recs
- Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer The May 19 Kentucky GOP gubernatorial primary may be one for the books. Last week, we learned that a blogger named Michael Adams was accusing state ...28 comments 21 Recs
- Republican Sen. John McCain PPP surveys both the GOP primary and general elections in Arizona, and let's just say ...49 comments 34 Recs
- The Labor Department ...4 comments 9 Recs
- Minority Leader Harry Reid is promising to give ol' ...24 comments 36 Recs
- Democratic Rep. Patrick Murphy (at left) On Monday, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee offered its endorsement to Rep. Patrick Murphy in Florida's open-seat ...57 comments 4 Recs
- Indiana Republican Gov. Mike Pence On Thursday, former state House Speaker and 2012 Democratic nominee John Gregg announced that he would seek a rematch with Republican Gov. Mike ...24 comments 34 Recs
- No current results.