A real charmer, this one.It's not a very long article, but it does have a photo of Lonegan that displays him in all his masculine, he-man glory.
The Republican who's running against Newark, N.J. Mayor Cory Booker (D) in New Jersey's special Senate election said Tuesday that speculation surrounding his opponent's sexual orientation is "kind of weird."
In an interview with Newsmax, businessman Steve Lonegan made a point to trumpet his masculinity when he was asked about speculation that Booker is gay. The popular mayor — an overwhelming favorite to win the special election — told The Washington Post that he has no problem if people think he's gay.
"It's kind of weird. As a guy, I personally like being a guy," Lonegan said. "I don't know if you saw the stories last year. They've been out for quite a bit about how he likes to go out at three o'clock in the morning for a manicure and a pedicure."
Lonegan then brought up nail care again.
"I don't like going out in the middle of the night, or any time of the day, for a manicure and pedicure," Lonegan said. "It was described as his peculiar fetish . . .I have a more peculiar fetish. I like a good Scotch and a cigar. That's my fetish but we'll just compare the two."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by Brainwrap
- Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY), still rejecting Obamacare reality. Republicans can, more or less, learn. Or they can at least drop one ...46 comments 91 Recs
- I am sad, but also excited, to announce that after 11 years I am leaving Daily Kos and joining Raintank , where I will be working on monitoring software and doing devsy-opsy. It's been a long and ...115 comments 276 Recs
- Silly GOPcritter. Don't you know the Internet plugged up the memory hole ages ago? Below the cut (where I've posted some screen grabs) are two versions of an anti-Obamacare rant by one of our ...7 comments 13 Recs
- The iconic Morgan Freeman has with three little ...68 comments 228 Recs
- On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...130 comments 134 Recs
- Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Shoot 'em? Teana Walsh, an assistant Wayne County, Michigan prosecutor posted this on her Facebook page after watching images of protesters and rioters in ...151 comments 267 Recs
- Baltimore State's Attorney: Freddie Gray's death was a homicide and criminal charges will be pursuedOn Friday morning, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby announced that the death of Freddie Gray has been ruled a homicide and that criminal charges will be pursued.663 comments 344 Recs
- There have been a lot of really jaw-dropping questions asked lately. Many times they're asked in the face of the actual answers already being stated. Questions like, "If you're angry at [X], why are ...135 comments 306 Recs
- Nice graph, huh? That's what ...39 comments 33 Recs